Please share your thoughts on this name!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
My DH and I are having a nearly impossible time trying to come up with a name of our daughter whom is due in August. There is only one name so far that we both like. He'd probably use it tomorrow if he could, I'm not 100% sold. I'd love to hear some opinions!

1) We have Sawyer, Bryar, Kaysar, and the name in question is "Avery". Is it feminine? Does it go well with our sons' names?

2) How common is it? I have not heard the name at all where I live, but I don't want to start seeing it all the time either. I'd like to try to stick with unique names.

3) For a middle name, I'm strongly considering using the name "Curtis" which is my dad's name (who has passed). How do the two sound together? Avery Curtis.. Is Curtis okay to use as a girl's name. Or should I play and change the spelling to try to make it more feminine? Or skip altogether?

4) Any other suggestions that go with our names? I tend to lean toward "A" names, but I think I have heard, read, and studied, every name out there by now...UGH..

TIA!

Last edited by blessed4times; April 24th, 2011 at 04:01 AM.
April 24th, 2011, 08:59 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
In 2009, Avery was number 32 for girls on the SSA top 1000 list, and number 223 for boys, so I would say it's popular/common, and feminine enough that a lot of people are using it for their baby girls.

From your list, I really like Sawyer. I love that name on a girl, even though that's not a very popular opinion.

Oh, my bad! I read it wrong. Sorry!

Last edited by IAmMomMomIAm; April 24th, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
April 24th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
Thank you I also just found the correct info on how popular that name is. Ugh.. I'm hoping DH can come up with another. "Sawyer" is my oldest son's name. LOL.. maybe I wasn't very clear. I have three boys named Sawyer, Bryar, & Kaysar. Looking for a girl name that goes well with those

April 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Avery is ok (though nms) but I think its pretty popular.
I think Curtis would be ok as a mn if you went with a more feminine first name.

how about:

Avette
Adele
Anisa
Amina
Amira
Ainsley
Audra
Annabeth
Aurora
Avril

April 24th, 2011, 09:06 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery seems to be all over the place on baby girls lately. I know one adult man named Avery and a few baby girls that were born last year.

one positive thing I will say about it though is that it goes well with your sibset.
April 24th, 2011, 10:29 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aubree/Aubrey I think goes well.

April 24th, 2011, 10:38 PM
sHaiRah's Avatar JM Addict-In-The-Making
I don't know if you thought of any of these names but my first thought when I saw your boys' names was Sabrina.
Then Blythe.
Then Aura.

I love Avery, but I know it's super popular in the 2-6 ageset around my town so if you don't want a popular name it may not be the way to go.
April 25th, 2011, 12:56 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I've known several Avery's lately... it's definitely trending, but I still like the name. However, since it is a unisex name, I would be inclined to pair it with a super feminine mn. I don't really care for Curtis on a girl. I think Avery fits great with your sibset!

April 25th, 2011, 11:32 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Avery looks pretty popular/common up against Bryar and Kaysar.

Since your boys' names all end in the -er sound, I like the idea of doing the same for your girl. So, here are my suggestions:

Ginger
Greer
Hunter
Eleanor
Esther
Parker
Piper
September
Skylar (I think goes perfectly in your sibset)
Spencer
Winter
April 26th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts on the name. I had no idea it was becoming so popular..GRR... I do like some of the name ideas, I'll throw them at DH

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search