Do you have a name in your family that is used over and over?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
In mine it is Ernest.we have 5 of them. that is my dads' name, my brother, both grandfathers are Ernest, and an uncle! also we have 3 Davids, 2 Michaels, and 2 Tiffanys. I made sure to give my boys names not already used.
June 18th, 2006, 09:04 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
The name Lynn is a name that gets passed on, but I think it's nice.. it's my sister's middle name, my mom's middle name and my neices middle name, it hasnt been passed on for that many generations but I plan on using the name for a mn for my first baby girl if I ever have one
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
June 18th, 2006, 09:28 PM
LaceyJMC's Avatar Veteran
My grandmother, Lois Adele, died in 2000. Every since we lost her we have used her name for most new babies in my family. We now have Caydence Lois, Heidi Lois, Brynn Adele Pearl, and my future daughter.
-expecting miracle #3!!!
June 19th, 2006, 03:24 AM
poshyoda's Avatar Member
My uncles name is Richard, My brothers name is Richard, and my cousin just had a baby called Richard.
June 19th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Eka09M
There aren't really any names that are used over and over and over again in my family. On DH's side of the family, I wouldn't say there are either.... but each of his brother's children's middle names came from a family member like: Courtney Lynn (Lynn is her mom's MN), Tyler Michael (Michael is his dad's MN) and Brandon Matthew (Matthew is his uncle's (my DH) MN).... but I don't think its that bad.
June 19th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes we repeat a name and i love it. i already posted this in another place-- ok go back over 150 years, my great great, you get the picture here, grandmother was anna lane. so every other generation of women use anna or lane or a derivision. an ann, anna, connie lane, and so on on. my grandmother was durann, and my greatgrandmother just died, and her name as anna lane as well. so we'd like to combine to pay homage to those women and use annalane as one word, and use husband's mom's middle name of diane. i love it

June 19th, 2006, 07:58 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yesss... and it drives me nuts! My moms mom is Kathleen, my moms name is Kathy, my name is Kathy, my dad has a sister named Kathy and Jim has an aunt named Kathy,,,, wayyyyyy too many!

June 19th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Jami_Michelle's Avatar Veteran
Yes we have several Lynns! Too many to list really!

1/2 </span> inches long!!</div>[/b]</span>

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center"></div>
June 20th, 2006, 07:13 AM
** Mandy **
Yes... the middle name Jean.

My DD: Alexandra Jean
I am: Amanda Jean
My mom: Martha Jean
My grandma: Marilyn Jean

I really love how we have kept it going!

June 20th, 2006, 09:09 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
My stepdad is Michael, my stepbrother is Michael, one of my brothers middle name is Micheael, and my newest brother-in-law is Michael. They all go by Mike too, it can get confusing.
Every time I have been pregnant, the folks push for a Michael but I say no way, lol. My sis is going to try for a baby this fall, she plans to use Tyler Michael so I'll be off the hook then

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

June 20th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Regular
In my family it is James. My grandfather, uncle and cousin. I don't know if cousin James plans on naming his son James or not.

I personally wouldn't do this except maybe for middle names. But that's just me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search