Family Tree

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2006, 03:29 AM
poshyoda's Avatar Member
So if i finally concieve no2 lol, i really want to honour a deceased relative, My grandmothers name was Lola, and i had a great aunt whose full name was Sabra Valentine Pettitt. ( She was born 14th February 1882 hence the middle name.)

Anyway i get mixed reactions about both names. I really love Sabre, but our last name is Starmer, does Sabra Starmer sound too much, especially with Simon Starmer?

I know Lola is being used more now, but bad reactions i have had from people is that is sounds like a strippers name.

BTW Sabra is said as in Sabre tooth tiger.

Any thoughts.
June 19th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Eka09M
If I had to pick from the two, I'd choose Lola. Maybe you can make one of the names her MN instead of the FN?

Best wishes!
June 19th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a second cousin named Valentina - I think that form of the name is very pretty. What about Valentina Lola Starmer?
June 19th, 2006, 06:01 AM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Lola's a very cute name
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
June 19th, 2006, 09:01 AM
MamaBx3
Aw, Lola is such a beautiful name !
June 19th, 2006, 07:24 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the name Lola,, I think it has come past the whole sounds like a strippers name thing

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

June 19th, 2006, 09:12 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I love the name Lola - hubby said the same thing about it sounding like a stripper - but I have been in plenty of strip clubs, and can't recall any of the girls being named Lola Most of the girls I knew used stage names anyways.

Lola Valentina is pretty, as is Sabra Valentine, I think both are lovely, and Sabra is unusual as well.

I don't think Sabra is too much with Starmer. Lots of people stick with one letter in choosing names, and alliteration makes for a memorable name too.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
June 19th, 2006, 11:52 PM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Lola Valentine! Very cute.
June 20th, 2006, 02:28 AM
poshyoda's Avatar Member
ooohhh yes i really like Lola Valentine, and that honours both people. Thank you.

Just one question about Sabra. My g aunt spealt it that way but it is prn SAY-BER

Would you spell it different like Saber? Or even sayber? or is the original the best.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search