Help with baby girl names :) PLEASE!!! pretty please :)

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2011, 10:03 AM
So DH and I basically agree on nothing when it comes to girl names So the only 2 that we can both stand at this time is Seraphina and Elleora. I feel like I prefer the full name Seraphina to Elleora but I prefer the nicknames Ellie/Elle to Sera/Serrie/Phin/Phinnie/Sese/Nina...Any opinions? Seems like the people I ask really like one and hate the other My mom and BFF aren't too crazy on Seraphina at all. I actually had a friend start cracking up laugh and say EWWW Really? When I told her Seraphina! My sons name is Nicholas and everyone automatically calls him Nick...so I know if I go with Seraphina she will be Sera. Nothing wrong w/Sarah but I just feel like if I wanted a Sarah I would name my kid Sarah! Any opinions on either. I've also gotten some feedback with Elleora sounding Mideival Times, Dungeons and Drangons, fantasy novel character! I'm really lost! I love the nickname Ellie but DH doesn't like Elleanor, Eliza, Ellyse or pretty much any other name starting with El. He also won't go for calling her Ellie if there is Elle somewhere in the name (Gabriella, Michelle, Danielle etc...)!!! I'll take any advice or if anyone has any really pretty not too trendy girls names up their sleve they're willing to share I'd love to hear them! My name is Jennifer so I'd really like to save my kid the drama of being 1 of 10 people with the same name in their class so anything off the top 10 list is probably a no go THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
May 9th, 2011, 11:42 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Naww I love Elleora! Is it pronounced Ellie-ora? I love Ella and Eve (not that Eve is anywhere near Elle), and I also love Evie.. oh and Alora!

I also LOVE Seraphina! How CUTE! Where did you find this? I would probably automatically nick name her Sera too.. and I get what you mean about the whole "if I wanted a Sarah I would name my kid Sarah" .

I, unfortunately, do not have any other suggestions for you, but I think both the names you have are perfectly unique and cute! I'm sure someone here will advise you of some other names

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 10th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Seraphina is pretty and Eleora is as well.

how about:

Elena
Elana
Eliana
Eloise
Elodie
Ellen
Elsa
Simone
Sapphira
Shanna
Susanna
Liana
Zara
Mattea
Brielle

May 10th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just name her Ellie if that's the name you love and your husband agrees.
May 10th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Veteran
I agree, just name her Ellie if that is the name you like. My full name is Kathryn, but I have always gone by Kate - and I hate filling out legal documents and having to write Kathryn - it has caused some confusion in the past. I wish my parents had just named me Kate.

May 11th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Okay...we found a winner. Caroline Elisabetta. None of the choices I needed opinions on LOL.
May 13th, 2011, 10:23 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beatiful choice! Congrats on finding a name you both like!!!
Nicholas and Caroline sound wonderful together!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
May 13th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Nlove View Post
Okay...we found a winner. Caroline Elisabetta. None of the choices I needed opinions on LOL.
Beautiful name!
May 14th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks! While I was out jogging this morning a thought popped in my head that maybe a nickname for Seraphina could be Sea (See-AHH)??? I just totally got thrown off last night while we were watching tv and the restaraunt in NYC called Serafina flashed up and DH said..."you know I still love that name" AHHHHH!!!!
May 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I love the name Caroline - it's classic and beautiful and not overly popular - it's the best of all worlds. Awesome choice! Caroline Serafina sounds lovely if your DH keeps being indecisive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search