Jack or Jackson/Jaxson/Jaxon?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to rlmccrady
I wish my husband and I could agree on a name.. I want to honor my dad with his name and it was mentioned to him and I don't want to break his heart. My dad doesn't have a middle name, so that doesn't help much..

We orignally was going with Jack Edward, then it turned to Jack Richard, Jack Lee... I am not a fan of Jackson because I feel it's a surname but at the same time it's throwing me off with Jack too.

My husbands middle name is Lee.. So what I am curious, is what sounds better, looks better on paper and what your opinion is on these names as well as the spelling?
McCrady is our last name..

Jack Lee
Jackson Lee
Jaxon Lee
Jaxson Lee

I am about to throw Jack/Jackson out the window and come up with something different since now that my husband is changing his mind on everything.

You know when you have a name and you are set on it and you know it's the one, I felt that way with Jack Edward till my husband finally gave me his opinion on the name Jack. I want something we both like and can agree on, as I don't want to name our son a name we are going to regret. It wouldn't have been bad if he didn't open up his mouth and tell my dad, we are going to honor your name, and I don't want to break my dads heart..

Is there another name that is similar or close to Jack maybe? Other names that you think I might like? Throw them at me, I need all the help I can get.

Maybe it's my hormones and the fact that this little man is kicking me on my left side and head butting me on my right side..Where is the yoga ball when you need one..
May 11th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I like Jack best but i dont think it sounds the greatest with middle name Lee, so i would go with Jackson Lee, I dont care for the other spellings

May 11th, 2011, 02:33 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
You know when you have a name and you are set on it and you know it's the one, I felt that way with Jack Edward till my husband finally gave me his opinion on the name Jack.
May I ask what his opinion was (obviously it was negative)?

Quote:
It wouldn't have been bad if he didn't open up his mouth and tell my dad, we are going to honor your name,
That does complicate things, doesn't it? Would your dh be willing to use Jack as a mn instead? Is he open to your ds having 3 names? _________ Jackson Lee Mc.? That way he keeps his word to your dad, his name is used, yet you can hopefully find a name that you both like as a fn.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
May 11th, 2011, 05:41 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
What about John, which is the common formal name for Jack? Then call him Jack?

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Wristwatch View Post
I like Jack best but i dont think it sounds the greatest with middle name Lee, so i would go with Jackson Lee, I dont care for the other spellings
May 12th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the name Jack, but Jack Lee does sound off to me.

Jackson Lee sounds better, but I'm not a big fan of Jackson, to be honest. Jack Edward sounds great, however. Is this one still off the table?

I agree with a previous poster who mentioned John, nn Jack. John McG- sounds nice! John Lee sounds a little better then Jack Lee, to me. John Edward (if the politician association doesnt bother you) McG- also sounds very handsome .
May 12th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to rlmccrady
He isn't a fan of Jack.. It's short, no way to shorten it up, which is why I like it. There isn't a nickname in there. It's short, strong and simple IMO...

I agree, I think Jack Lee just collides, and if I had to pick out of the two I think Jackson Lee flows better but I think Jack Edward has a better flow in all...

I haven't asked him about the two middle names, which I will sometime soon.

I am not a fan of John and I think it's been used a bit in both sides of the family. Pretty much all the strong biblical names have been used in the family

Now, I don't mind using Jack as a middle name as I am sure he doesn't either.. It's just finding a decent name that sounds good with Jack as the middle name...

Any ideas?
May 12th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I think Jack as a middle name might be harder to find flow than Lee. I agree with all of the above, I think John Lee is best then Jackson Lee. It just seems like ALL my friends are naming their kid Jackson. IDK if it's that popular all across the country but here it def is right now.
May 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
I think Jack as a middle name would be the way to go for me. Almost anything that is two+ syllables and has no K sound seems to sound find with Jack..

Riley Jack comes to mind. Uses Jack, uses Lee, sounds decent.

I'm not sure what other names you like, but here's a couple examples (and why I think most names sound find with Jack).
Phillip Jack
Aaron Jack
Emmett Jack

Alternately, you could use John as a middle name instead of a first name, but if you don't like it you probably shouldn't use it.

OR you can tell your husband to suck it up, because he brought it on himself by telling your dad he was gonna use an important name that he doesn't even like.
May 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just Jack is fine. Really not a fan of the weird spellings of Jackson.

Jaxson doesn't even sound like Jackson or Jaxon. It would be Jacks-son.
May 14th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I prefer Jackson over the rest, but Jaxon is also nice...

May 15th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Hannah-Banana's Avatar Laikon's Mommy
For the middle name Jack you could use:

Dallas Jack McCrady
Allen Jack McCrady
Evan Jack McCrady
Dalton Jack McCrady
Ryan Jack McCrady
Cameron Jack McCrady
Brandon Jack McCrady
Tyson Jack McCrady
Chandler Jack McCrady
Isaiah Jack McCrady
Anthony Jack McCrady
Carter Jack McCrady
Felix Jack McCrady
Adrian Jack McCrady
Sebastian Jack McCrady
Skyler Jack McCrady
Landon Jack McCrady
Emmett Jack McCrady
Gideon Jack McCrady
Peyton Jack McCrady
Xavier Jack McCrady
Nathan Jack McCrady
Trenton Jack McCrady
Deacon Jack McCrady
Alexander Jack McCrady
Dustin Jack McCrady
Weston Jack McCrady
Roman Jack McCrady
Edward Jack McCrady

Bradley Jack McCrady

FYI: My husband didn't like my dad's name as a first name, so we used it as a middle. My dad loved it just as much that way as he would have if it had been my son's first name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search