Hi! New here! Kind of....

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2011, 08:23 PM
*~Lulu'sMommy~*'s Avatar Lexi's Mommy!
My name is Nicole, ive been lurking here for a while we are looking for a name for our son due in Sept... but was wanting some opinions on a name/middle name... what does everyone think of Alyxzander said the same as Alexander or Aliczander... It will be a middle name. With an undecided first name DH likes the more traditional spellings of names and i like more of the unique spellings if they are a more common name. The only name we both like is Jackson (DH's spelling)/Jaxon (my way) .... what do you think?

May 15th, 2011, 09:02 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
I'm not really into unique spellings for traditional names. I think that Alexander is a great name, but I would either spell it as Alexander, or go with a foreign form of the same name, or a derivative:

Alex
Alec
Zander
Sander
Sandy
Lex
Lexi
Alessandro (Italian)
Alexandre or Alixandre (French)

Though for me personally, I think Alexander is too close to Alexis to use on a second kiddo.
May 15th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Alexander will only be a middle name not a first... Im pretty set on it as a mn. Its after a close cousin of mine with downs. He will be very excited!

May 15th, 2011, 09:28 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think its totally great in the mn spot. I have a son who's mn is Alexander and a daughter who's first name is Alexandria. Since one has it as a fn and its a mn for the other,its never been an issue. In fact, our son LOVED that his mn got used for his baby sister's fn....

I think Alexander is a great name and even more awesome that he'll be named after some one important in his life.
As for spelling, I'd keep the traditional spelling or, as the pp suggested, use a foreign form that will be different but not made up such as Aleksander.
Sometimes I feel that when spellings get too creative, it sort of mutilates the name and makes it tough to even recognize at first and you almost have to sound it out to realize what name it is. So that's my two cents.
Great name choice though!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
May 15th, 2011, 10:52 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I would keep the spelling the same as the person you're honoring, out of respect. I think it is fine to use it as a MN slot, even though it is similar

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I think Jackson Alexander is a great name choice!

May 16th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Great points ladies!! Thanks!! I think we will keep it with the traditional spelling

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search