Growing up...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Super Mommy
Did you have an all-time favorite name whether it was always your baby dolls name or if you're like me I always had baby names picked out since I can remember. I even used to play games with my friends where we would put names and numbers in a hat. We would draw a number that would be how many kids then we would draw the names lol

Anyway my all time favorite name was Annakah Elaine. When I was about 12 I was going over a very large family tree with my grandmother and that name was repeated a few times. She said I should stick with it too. I always said I would use it then when I got pregnant it didn't even make it to the list. Elaine did, which was that same Grandmother's middle name.

Anyway the question is did your favorite name as a child make it to your list????

June 17th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Lol! I can totally relate to that story. I've been obsessed with names and naming things all my life. Whether it be a baby or a pet or whatever. But I've been writing down, discussing and debating names my whole life.

My fave name was always Michael as a little kid. Probably because that was a name I knew, being that my dad's first name is Michael. I had a baby doll that I named Michael, that I'd carry around everywhere I went. I would pretend feed and change him and carry him around.

Michael's still on my list. It's an important tradition that we usually name our first son after either their grandfather or our grandfather. Same kind of tradition for girls as well but a little less so.
June 18th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I always loved the name Samantha when I was little, if it wasn't so popular I probably would have used it!

June 18th, 2011, 06:16 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
My pretend children were always Michael, and other names phased in and out. I went through a Rodney and Angela phase (I still like Angela but it's not on my list), and there was Julianna for a long time (also not on my list anymore). But Michael was always around, and it's always been on my list. Unfortunately for me, I dated a Michael right before I dated DH, and now he won't let me use Michael as a first name - otherwise my Luke would be Michael Andrew.
June 18th, 2011, 07:23 AM
QuirkyJocelyn's Avatar Veteran
I was absolutely and incredibly obsessed with the name Brittney! I really have no idea why. I named all my barbies and dolls Brittney, even if they 'came' with names (which most did)- I changed them. My dog was Brittney. My imaginary friend was Brittney. But now, I really can't stand the same. It will always remain in my heart, though

June 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
girlggc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me the name was Sarah. Other names came and went, but I was obsessed with Sarah until I was 20 or so.

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for the beautiful siggie!

June 18th, 2011, 06:19 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was 8 years old, I decided that my first daughter would be Rebecca, and she is.

my first doll that I actually remember naming was "Ashley"

boy names I used for my "boy dolls" were: Justin Andrew and Brian Michael

other names I liked for boys, as a teen: Chandler Blake, Aaron Thomas, Jack Gabriel

June 18th, 2011, 08:10 PM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only name that I can really remember LOVING as a kid was Cody.
I really wanted a cat and I really wanted to name her Cody.
June 19th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
The first doll I named was Sara (no H!) I still have her.

I was obsessed with names. In 5th grade it was an ette obsession all name Ette ie Nicolette, Cosette etc.

When I was a teen it was Kammi, Kelly, Katie, Korey, Kimme...

But the name I said I wouls use was a literary name, Brett Ashley from the Hemingway novel "The Sun also Rises" Neither FOB went for it and it evolved into Quinn and Scarlett.

and after all that fuss and all those year if this baby is a girl.. I got nothing!

June 19th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was very little I always loved John ("Just plain John as I use to tell my mom"), Sally and Laura.

Since high school (if not earlier) I've loved the names Alexis, Roman, Charlotte, Leo,Faith,Maddox,Gabriel and Aubrey . I know I had others, but these are the only ones I can remember. Some of these have changed, but obviously Gabriel stuck. Charlotte will be out girl name and I'm still trying to sell my DH on Roman.

Last edited by Memi; June 19th, 2011 at 08:16 PM.
July 10th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Super Mommy
I always wanted to name my children Alexis, Ava and Mason. They have all changed. I did want Ava, but my cousin is using that name and is having a baby this week, so I'm out of luck.
July 10th, 2011, 06:12 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I don't really remember any of my baby doll's names even though I was really into names. I think mine changed so much throughout the years.
July 11th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Nope it didn't..

I always LOVED the name Sheree Rochelle... to the point I wanted to change my name to it but now I don't like it

July 11th, 2011, 09:26 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Megan was my name for dolls, make believe, etc. I finally got my Megan in 2008! It took 5 other dds before I had the "one" whom I just knew was Megan so I was a bit nervous that I wouldn't get to use that name! That and the fact that my sil used it first but I figured who cares? I never see her and I don't believe names are "owned" or can be "stolen" so I used it and don't regret it one bit.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
July 12th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a teddy bear I've had since I was born called Christopher. I don't remember naming him that or where it came from though

Becca and Chris, proud young parents to
Seth (2005) Caspar (2007) Tobias (2010)

Missing our beautiful angel in heaven *Iris Winter* 17/8/08 - 21/8/08

July 13th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Veteran
For as long as a can remember I loved Elizabeth. It was so special to me that I would not use it for any dolls or pets because it was "saved for my baby".

My daughter is Elizabeth Violet!
July 14th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Hannah-Banana's Avatar Laikon's Mommy
Abby was my all time favorite name, but DHs crazy ex is an Abby so that's out.

I also wanted to change my name to Monica because I thought Hannah was so boring and I wanted something 'cool' lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search