Brother for Abigail and Ethan

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2011, 08:20 AM
We're down to under a month until our third and final child is born and the pressure to settle on a name is peaking. DH and I have been waffling on names for our new little boy the entire way! (I made a similar post here several months ago). The first several months of the pregnancy, his name was set as Henry, then we settled on Wyatt for the past few months and now we're back to square one. Baby's older siblings are Abigail (Abby) and Ethan.

The names we're considering now are:

Henry Elias (back in first place! Likely would call him Henry, but nn Harry is OK)
Charles Elias (nn Charlie ... fears here are that Charlie is like Tommy or Billy ... work well as kids' nicknames, maybe sound too childish when little man grows up!)
Wyatt Elias (we still like it, solid name for boy and man, doesn't really have any nicknames, which is a positive. Can't really say why it's dropped from the top spot, still might use it.)

Truth be told, I want to use Elias as a first name, but husband doesn't like it enough to use it as a fn.

We would appreciate any thoughts on names that make good siblings for our other two and anything else I've thrown out there.
July 15th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I really like Henry Elias and I think it goes really well with Abigail and Ethan.
TTC#1 Red Sox Fan
Mama to Pit bulls (Z&M)
July 15th, 2011, 11:47 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Aillidh.

July 15th, 2011, 01:07 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
I like all those choices! My favorite is Henry, then Wyatt, then Charles.

Just because you call him Charlie now doesn't mean he has to be Charlie forever. He can be Chaz or Charles or Chuck whenever, if that's what he wants. That's why you give them the formal name to play with.

I know someone with an Abigail and an Ethan, and her other boy is Jonathan, but I'm not a fan of the double "than."

Other suggestions:
Miles
Jack
Oliver
Emmett
Elliott
Milo
Julian
Frederick
Felix
Noah
Owen
Luke
Benjamin
Emery
July 15th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I really like Henry as a sibling to Abigail and Ethan!

or:

Sean Elias
Jared Elias
Connor Elias
Trevor Elias

July 15th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Super Mommy
I like Henry Elias the best!! It's a great name!
I also really like Elias as a first name. One of my friends named her son Elias and calls him Eli. He is adorable and I love his names! What about Elias Charles? It works well together And it sounds great with Abigail and Ethan!
July 15th, 2011, 09:58 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMomMom View Post
I like all those choices! My favorite is Henry, then Wyatt, then Charles.

Just because you call him Charlie now doesn't mean he has to be Charlie forever. He can be Chaz or Charles or Chuck whenever, if that's what he wants. That's why you give them the formal name to play with.
July 16th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Brookem's Avatar Veteran
Elias! I like the trend of the names beginning with vowels and it sounds great w/ the others. I love it the most of them all. Out of the other three, Wyatt is my first choice

Good luck!
July 17th, 2011, 08:05 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Elias! Try to work him over on that!! LOL

Henry Elias is my favorite from your list. I just adore Henry
July 17th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All great names. As to Charlie not working for an adult, people just seem to grow into their names. My husband is a Charlie (Charles). My vote is for Wyatt though.
July 17th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
i think Henry goes best with Abigail and Ethan.. but i'm another fan of Elias

July 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Send a message via MSN to Abbe1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylll View Post
We're down to under a month until our third and final child is born and the pressure to settle on a name is peaking. DH and I have been waffling on names for our new little boy the entire way! (I made a similar post here several months ago). The first several months of the pregnancy, his name was set as Henry, then we settled on Wyatt for the past few months and now we're back to square one. Baby's older siblings are Abigail (Abby) and Ethan.

The names we're considering now are:

Henry Elias (back in first place! Likely would call him Henry, but nn Harry is OK)
Charles Elias (nn Charlie ... fears here are that Charlie is like Tommy or Billy ... work well as kids' nicknames, maybe sound too childish when little man grows up!)
Wyatt Elias (we still like it, solid name for boy and man, doesn't really have any nicknames, which is a positive. Can't really say why it's dropped from the top spot, still might use it.)

Truth be told, I want to use Elias as a first name, but husband doesn't like it enough to use it as a fn.

We would appreciate any thoughts on names that make good siblings for our other two and anything else I've thrown out there.
Sorry I didn't read through the other responses, but I have to say you have beautifully named children. While Henry and Charles aren't personal favourites of mine, they go very well with Abigail and Ethan. Charles can choose what he wants to go by later in life.

Some other options:

Thomas Eli

William Elias

Andrew Elias

Oliver Elias

Malcolm Elias

Nathan Elias

Gregory Elias

Jonah Elias

Frederick Elias

Jasper Elias

Jack Elias

Jude Elias

Julian Elias

Desmond Elias

Theodore Elias
July 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
I like Wyatt Elias.

July 28th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Henry just sounds classic and goes so well with the others. Love it.

Thank you, .:Shortcake:.!!

Facebook
July 28th, 2011, 10:01 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I like Wyatt. I think that Henry is old fashioned and does not go well with Abigail and Ethan which are more modern and popular right now.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search