Hi!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 11:29 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi all! Im hoping to become a member of this board, as I love love love names and just now realized JM had a baby name board!

A little info about me, my name is Jessica, and me and my husband Devin have one child, our son Orion Michael (Orion is pronounced o-RYE-on for those wondering) who is 7 weeks old. I am a self proclaimed name nerd, I am always making lists and lists and lists of names. Anywho, Devin and I are WTTC till around January

I have a, diffrent taste in names then most people. Some call it "old lady", but overall I just enjoy names that diffrent.

I hope you guys will have me here and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

August 4th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Jessica!

I'm a fellow WTTCer! I know completely what you mean about lists and lists of baby names - my DH complains about there being no scrap paper left since I scrawl baby names all over them

What are some of your favorite names?
August 4th, 2011, 11:57 PM
I have notebooks, and notebooks...and notebooks and random little notes everywhere that are names! I even write names in print and in cursive to make sure I really like them

Top 5's:

My favorite girls names- Alice (would have been Orions name if he was a girl), Philippa, Beatrice, Charlotte, Matilda, and Eloise. I love most names of that style.

Boys names are a bit mor across the board not to style specific- Pierce, Jude, Cooper, Liev, and Nathaniel.

ETA: Congrats on your WTTC! Its not really fun but hopefully the time wil go by fst for the both of us When are planning to start TTC? If you dont mind me asking.

10-30-12

Last edited by jessicag; August 4th, 2011 at 11:59 PM.
August 5th, 2011, 01:31 AM
elleword's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to elleword
Hi Jessica! Congrats on your gorgeous boy and welcome! I love, love, love your style in names! This board is fantastic!

I'm Sophie, WTTC until I graduate university.

Thanks Babydoll213 for my wonderfully festive siggie!
August 5th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the baby names board! I'm Becca, Mummy to 3 boys and an angel girl

Becca and Chris, proud young parents to
Seth (2005) Caspar (2007) Tobias (2010)

Missing our beautiful angel in heaven *Iris Winter* 17/8/08 - 21/8/08

August 5th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Welcome and congrats on your adorable little boy!

I'm Cassie and WTTC our first this November.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

August 5th, 2011, 05:55 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jessica, and welcome

congratulations on your new baby! someone in my PR has a son named Orion.
I am like you, with writing out names on everything in different ways to see how it looks haha.

August 5th, 2011, 06:13 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
Hello and welcome! Congrats on your little boy - I love the name Orion! It's such a nice, cool alternative to the increasingly popular Ryan.. I can't resist it (of course I also love Ryan, ha).

I'm Kes, mom to three - Luke Andrew, Lauren Alexandria, and Heidi Nicole. I am WTTC number 4, hopefully sometime before the end of the year. Just waiting on my husband to get his act together and impregnate me.
August 5th, 2011, 07:24 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Hello!

I'm Portia, I have 3 kids, Adrea Lenae, Ryne Everett & Brin Jakob. We are done having kids but I love names so I stick around.

August 5th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Quote:
I even write names in print and in cursive to make sure I really like them
I DO THIS! haha.

I love Alice, Phillippa and Charlotte!! I also love Liam and Jude (actually the name Liam Jude itself used to be on my list lol!)

Quote:
Congrats on your WTTC! Its not really fun but hopefully the time wil go by fst for the both of us When are planning to start TTC? If you dont mind me asking.
I know it sucks! But hopefully it'll fly by with all I have to get done...we're planning to TTC November or December hopefully - fingers crossed. Did you join the WTTC board? It's an awesome group of ladies over there, really helpful when you're waiting
August 5th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I havnt joined the WTTC board yet, but I think Im definatly going to! I mean, Im home all day anyways

Thanks for the compliments on my sons name, we wanted a diffrent name that wasnt unheard of but deffinatly wasnt popular. The only thing I dont like is when people ask what his name is and I say Orion and they go, Oh, Ryan? No! Orion! One word/name! I also didnt anticipate the or-ee-on pronunciation problem.

Everyone has such beautiful babies and Im glad some other people have the same taste in names, Im normall very alone when it comes to that.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

10-30-12

August 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love the name Orion! Different but not weird.

Love your other name choices. I'm particulary fond of Eloise as that's my dsd name.

I'm Kris. Mom to Lucinda Elizabeth & Noah David. I'm done ttc but stop by for the fun!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search