boy names - which combination?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: boy name combinations
Cory Edward 1 5.56%
Cory Elliott 3 16.67%
Russell Edward 4 22.22%
Russell Elliott 5 27.78%
Russell Eric 2 11.11%
don't like any...keep looking 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2011, 04:40 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Would you ladies vote on these combinations? This is ridiculous that I can't make up my mind! If I have two girls the names will be Juliette Elise and Autumn Elizabeth so I tried to find two boy names with "E" as the middle initial.

My fear is having one of each gender and not being able to choose one name over the other. I'm losing sleep over this at this point, lol.

ETA: Edward is my dad's middle name and I try to use significant names for mns. So if I have only one boy Edward will definitely be the mn but with which first name?

I chose the names Cory and Russell because they fit my "requirement" of being 2-syllables and not sounding like my other boy names. And they aren't -aiden based or super popular. I'm still open to suggestions as long as the name isn't on the top 25 (or 30...or 35) and isn't an -aiden name!

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.

Last edited by ♥womanintheshoe♥; August 6th, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
August 6th, 2011, 05:02 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Loooong response inc.

Just because the girl names you picked out have matching initials, it doesn't mean the boy names have to. It's not like you're going to use all four, so the boys will know they didn't match even though the girl's did. Unless you intentionally made their initials match, then I don't see a reason why the boy initial HAS to match. And even if you did intentionally match the girl's initials, there's no Rule of Twins that says they have to match.

Anyhoo, I think Corey is a cute name, but I prefer it with a "e" and I really don't think it ages well. I know a Cody and a Corey (26 and 14ish?) and both of them feel like their names sounds like a little kid (they are brothers, if that matters).

So I'm gonna vote for Russell, even though it's not my style (not my baby anyways!).

I don't know if this bothers you, but Russell and Eric are both prominent Vampire characters in the show True Blood, and you may end up with some people asking/wondering if you did that on purpose. BUT Russell Eric is my favorite combo, because I love Eric.

Russell Edward is probably my second favorite, though it's ALSO two popular Vampires, lol. It's a close call between Edward and Elliott.
Russell Edwin
Russell Edmund
Russell Edison
Russell Edric
Any of those would be a cute alternatives if you want to avoid the Vamps. I really like Edwin a lot.

How about Russell Emmett? I do so love Emmett (despite it's Vampire connection).

Some more E names I'm throwing at you:
Eero
Eros
Eleazar
Eamon
Echo
Ephraim (OMG LOVE)
Ethan
Easton (love)
Elias (love)
Emery
Elder
Eldon
Ellis
Elijah
Evan
Everett (LOVE)
Ewan
Ezra
Ezekiel
August 6th, 2011, 05:11 PM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMomMom View Post
Loooong response inc.

Just because the girl names you picked out have matching initials, it doesn't mean the boy names have to. It's not like you're going to use all four, so the boys will know they didn't match even though the girl's did. Unless you intentionally made their initials match, then I don't see a reason why the boy initial HAS to match. And even if you did intentionally match the girl's initials, there's no Rule of Twins that says they have to match.

Anyhoo, I think Corey is a cute name, but I prefer it with a "e" and I really don't think it ages well. I know a Cody and a Corey (26 and 14ish?) and both of them feel like their names sounds like a little kid (they are brothers, if that matters).

So I'm gonna vote for Russell, even though it's not my style (not my baby anyways!).

I don't know if this bothers you, but Russell and Eric are both prominent Vampire characters in the show True Blood, and you may end up with some people asking/wondering if you did that on purpose. BUT Russell Eric is my favorite combo, because I love Eric.

Russell Edward is probably my second favorite, though it's ALSO two popular Vampires, lol. It's a close call between Edward and Elliott.
Russell Edwin
Russell Edmund
Russell Edison
Russell Edric
Any of those would be a cute alternatives if you want to avoid the Vamps. I really like Edwin a lot.

How about Russell Emmett? I do so love Emmett (despite it's Vampire connection).

Some more E names I'm throwing at you:
Eero
Eros
Eleazar
Eamon
Echo
Ephraim (OMG LOVE)
Ethan
Easton (love)
Elias (love)
Emery
Elder
Eldon
Ellis
Elijah
Evan
Everett (LOVE)
Ewan
Ezra
Ezekiel

You're to good!

I will also second Russell Everett (and not because I used Everett, I think it sounds nice!)

August 6th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Super Mommy
I love Cory Elliot and Russell Edward!! Good choices!
August 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I don't know if this bothers you, but Russell and Eric are both prominent Vampire characters in the show True Blood
I've never even heard of that show but blech! (sorry, vampire lovers! ) Those who know me would never think that I named my kids after vampires, lol!

Quote:
Anyhoo, I think Corey is a cute name, but I prefer it with a "e" and I really don't think it ages well. I know a Cody and a Corey (26 and 14ish?) and both of them feel like their names sounds like a little kid
I am afraid of that very thing.

Quote:
I agree 100%...unfortunately once the idea was in my head to use "E" as the middle initial it has stuck. Kind of like I want matching carseats which is ridiculous but there it is. I don't want rhyming names and I don't want the first names to have the same initial like so many twin names do. Maybe because my two girl middle names quite accidentally both began with "E" I want to keep that trend? I don't know... I also like William for a middle name so that is a contender.

Love your well thought out response - thank you so much!

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
August 6th, 2011, 08:32 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥womanintheshoe♥ View Post
I've never even heard of that show but blech! (sorry, vampire lovers! ) Those who know me would never think that I named my kids after vampires, lol!
Haha! I just wanted to point it out in case it bothered you. I sort of wish someone had been able to point out to me that "Luke and Laura" is (was?) a popular couple on a very popular soap opera, because I can't tell you how many times I was asked about it by strangers when I introduced my kids Luke and Lauren. It's a moot point, since no one knew she was going to be Lauren until she was born (including us).

But since it's first and middle, and it's unlikely that you will be introducing your twins as Russell Eric and Cory Elliott (or whatever) it's most likely a non issue. But SOME people care about pop culture references so I just wanted to let you know.
August 6th, 2011, 09:20 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I love Edward and Elliott for middle names!
August 6th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I also like Edward and Elliot for middle names. Especially Elliot

I really like Russell but Cory doesn't 'grow-up' well in my mind as PP mentioned.

What about:

Garrett
Theo
Vincent
Sawyer
Ronan
Connor
Emmett
Silas
Thomas
Dustin
Hunter