Name game :Week five! Back on track

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
So after last weeks fiasco we seemed to have pulled it together somewhat. After DH vetoed Arabella and Zinnia and joked that this week baby's name was Way Cool I was wondering if he was going to have more in common with John Wayne Bobbit than the name wayne.

My friend send me a list of names and he picked one from there and I completely VETOED that name. If he refuses Zinnia or Arabella then I am not calling my baby Natasha. Especially as he claimed Zinnia and Arabella "sounded like black prostitude names"

So tonight I tossed out a name I feel neutral about, Vanessa and he agreed. After all we are not naming baby this just getting back on track. Without killing each other or worse.

Any way my biggest issue with Vanessa is it is a HUGE step into his girly 80's name style. This name peaked in 1985! I am hoping it doesn't sound too much like a mom name.

Any way in my mind Zinnia is the epitome of my style. I think it is a great combination of Quinn my DD's name and Alanna my fav name ever. Short spunky unusual but not wierd. The biggest Ode to DH is it is girly instead of boyish but heck I love him enough to marry him AND name our poor son Bla Bla Bla the Third.

So what do you all think about Arabella, Zinnia, Natasha and Vanessa?

August 8th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
gotta say I'm with you - I love Arabella and Zinnia

what about Zanthea? I think it's actually spelt Xanthea/Xanthia

eta: i am not a fan of Vanessa... it's just not my kind of name

August 8th, 2011, 05:41 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
Arabella is a little too frilly for my personal taste. It feels like an ultimate girly name, which isn't a problem or a bad thing, just not my style.

Zinnia I really don't care for. I like it better than Daisey and Poppy by far, but still not as awesome as Clover or Orchid.

Natasha reminds me of a Star Trek character, so I actually kind of like it. It has a dated feel to me though.

Vanessa is a pretty name, but it seems like it's always the bad guy! Vanessa was the name Ursula took up in The Little Mermaid, it was the sole female bad guy in another show I loved as a kid, and I knew one Vanessa in my life and sort of which I didn't, ha. Plus, it's Vanessa Hudgens, and I just can't stand her.

Have you considered Anastasia?
August 8th, 2011, 06:16 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Zinnia

August 8th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Arabella - Although this is a bit much for my tastes I do like it. I kind of prefer Arabelle though. What about Aurora, Stella or Eliana?

Zinnia - I like this, I think it's really unique and pretty. If your DH doesn't like this what about Yesenia, Acacia, Hazel, Narcissa, Dahlia, Linnea, Calla, Azalea, Jessamine, Bryony, or Camellia

Natasha - I like this, has an old-fashioned but not extinguishable kind of feel to it.

Vanessa - Eh. Not my style at all. Sounds dated, kind of 80's/90's. But I like Nessa or Neesy as a nickname.

I like the suggestion of Anastasia!
August 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Arabella is ok. NMS but it has a pretty sound.

I like Zinnia.

Natasha & Vanessa are nmsAA. Very dated IMO.

August 8th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think Zinnia is adorable and I also like Arabella. Vanessa and Natasha are not my type of names.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
August 11th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Thanks guys!

So for week six name we are taking Nymbler and Dh is picking some names he likes and I am picking some names I like and we are going to play last name standing to get to one final name. Well see if that is any fun.

To name Scarlett it WAS this hard and this much work too.

August 12th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Super Mommy
I LOVE Arabella, the other three are nms.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search