What do you think of girl name....

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee? We are planning on naming our baby girl Kynslee, but I'm always wondering what others will think of her name. So, what do you ladies think? I love unique spellings and love y's in names so that is why the unique spelling. I've seen the name spelled many different ways since I've been looking more into the name. (The original spelling is Kinsley)

If anyone cares, she'll have 2 middle names: Lynn Raquelle. (Again, Raquelle is a unique spelling and a little different but I think Lynn adds enough to not make the name too unusual). The middle names are of importance to us as Lynn is DH's mom's mn, and my mom's name is Rachel but I prefer the Spanish version Raquelle.

So..... Opinions please! Be honest - you won't hurt my feelings. I really want to know what other moms think of this name.
August 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I think Kynslee spelled this way is the ultimate of trendy. I think it's a cute name, but I really prefer it spelled Kinsley. It already has a "y" so moving it around seems pointless to me, personally.

Lynn is fine.

I love the name Raquel, but only spelled correctly. I don't see the need for the extra "le" on the end. Raquel itself is unusual, number 604 on the SSA list, and steadily declining since 2000, so changing the spelling seems unnecessary, and totally alters the pronunciation of a Spanish names besides. It's no longer Rah-kel, it's now rah-kay-yay. If you like the name Raquel, you should aim to keep the right pronunciation. Otherwise, just use Rachelle (which has a different pronunciation than Rachel, but is closer to Rachel than Raquelle is to Raquel).

I think the name sounds fine, but I would personally prefer to see it spelled Kinsley Lynn Raquel. =)

Edited because I used too many Ls.

Last edited by IAmMomMomIAm; August 8th, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
August 8th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
It's cute, but I think I also prefer the spelling Kinsley. Although I personally like Kinsey, without the l, even better. As far as the middle names, I think I also prefer the Raquel spelling.

August 8th, 2011, 11:52 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I forgot to add that you might run into some pronunciation issues with the spelling Kynslee, because most names with a "y" as the second letter are pronounced with a "y" sound - Myra, Tyler, Tyson, Kyla, etc etc.
August 8th, 2011, 12:46 PM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Usually I don't like when people go over the top with name spellings but I think Kynslee is fine. I would probably use Raquel instead of Raquelle. I think it looks better. But I do think Kynslee Lynn Raquelle sounds very pretty!

August 8th, 2011, 01:48 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I prefer Kinsley as a spelling.

But, I like the name Kensie even more. No y, I know, but kind of similar!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH and I both like the spelling Kynslee as DH's mn is lee and my mn ends in ee and so we thought it'd be similar to our mn's also. I saw the spelling of Kynsleigh and that is where I came up with the y at the beginning, and I think it's more feminine. I'm not set on the spelling Raquelle and I didn't think of some of the things you all pointed out, so I may end of changing that spelling.
August 8th, 2011, 03:36 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I don't like Kinsley to start with, but I like the sentiment behind changing the spelling, but it makes it look a lot less professional and it will be very dated in a 5-10 years.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

August 8th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's misspelled. I like Kinsley. I don't like names being intentionally misspelled.
August 8th, 2011, 04:22 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The i's to y's and ey's to ee's is deffinatly not my style at all. Its very tryndee

BUT I like the sentiment behing the ee thing.

I have to agree with the other girls on Raquel issue as well.

In the end though if you love her name thats all that matters.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

August 8th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I like it I'm a fan of 'y' in place of i or o... my DD is Emersyn... rather than Emerson

August 8th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I'm another one who prefers Kinsley Lynn Raquel but that's just me. Kinsley's not my style at all as it seems very trendy but hearing the sentiment behind your spelling makes more sense. Anyways I do think it's pretty.
August 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Host of March '10 PR
This is my first time posting in here so I hope no one minds me chiming in

My name is Rachel so I have a strong opinion on the Raquelle spelling... I tend to agree with what others have said, keeping it the Spanish spelling of Raquel looks and sounds better. Raquelle looks like it would be pronouced Ra-qwell, it's kind of a mix of Spanish and french.

As far as Kynslee, yes it is "tryndee" but if you like the name and spelling, that's what matters! My daughter is Kylie, again with the Ky instead of the Ki. (Kylie is the Australian spelling, DH is Australian) As far as how Kynslee looks, I like the look of Kinsley better but again I'm not totally opposed to Kynslee because it looks how it sounds.
August 9th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In my opinion, Kynslee is very very trendy and in 10 years there will be lots of Kynslee/Kinsley/Kinsleigh/Kynsleigh/Kynsley and names of a similar ilk, making it very dated. I wouldn't use it, its not our style at all, but I like your reasons behind using the name and I think the whole name flows and works well.

Becca and Chris, proud young parents to
Seth (2005) Caspar (2007) Tobias (2010)

Missing our beautiful angel in heaven *Iris Winter* 17/8/08 - 21/8/08

August 9th, 2011, 08:33 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the spelling Kinsley. I think Kynslee Lynn Raquelle is really cluttered looking.

Kinsley Lynn Raquel is much more attractive looking.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

August 9th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Valerie.'s Avatar Loving life as a mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGamer View Post
I don't like Kinsley to start with, but I like the sentiment behind changing the spelling, but it makes it look a lot less professional and it will be very dated in a 5-10 years.

This

August 10th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Super Mommy
I prefer the spelling Kynsley, but I like the name! It's different, but not too different. I LOVE the middle names! I have a Lynn and a Rachel in my family and I love the way you combined them! She's going to have a beautiful name!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search