Obsessing about names

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2011, 09:11 AM
girlggc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I've been totally obsessing about names! DH and I are not trying/not preventing. Anyway, we've been talking about names. Singletons are easy. For a boy, DH really wants a junior so that's easy; William Michael jr. girls names are a lot harder for us. For a girl, I like Annabelle Lillian. It's got meaning because my grandmother's name is Anne and my my mil's middle name is Ann. DH's late grandmother's name was Lillian. Then we go to talking about what if we have same-sex twins. Boys, again, are easy. We agreed on William Michael jr. and Dominic Jacob. Dominic is a name we both love and Jacob is after my great grandfather. Girls are a little harder, but I suppose we could name one Annabelle and one Lillian. No ideas yet for middle name in case of twin girls. Then we got to talking about same sex triplets. Again, boys are rather easy; William Michael jr., Dominic Jacob, and Zachary David. Zachary is a name we both like and David was my late grandfather. Girls were much harder, but we've got Annabelle, Lillian, and possibly Cassandra. We both like the name Cassandra, but it's got no family significance. Other female names that do have family significance we don't really like. They include Rita, Ethel, and Esther. We have no idea about middle names. Oh, George is a family name too, but that's a male name and the only female form of it that I like is Georgia and DH won't go for that.

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for the beautiful siggie!

August 15th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I obsess over names as well, you're not alone!

I love the meaning behind your names and really adore Annabelle out of your names.
August 15th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Super Mommy
Well, for what it's worth you most likely won't have to worry about triplets. I love that all the names on your list are family names, and they all sound great. You really can't go wrong with whatever you choose!

I obsess about names all the time as well. I'm always talking to my husband about what we're naming our next baby, and he's always reminding me that we may not HAVE a next baby. But I'm still naming it anyways.
August 15th, 2011, 02:40 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I like the names you guys have chosen, but try not to stress out about it too much until you know if you are having multiples or not! :-)

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
It definitely can get stressful if you get into multiples but as long as you have a few good solid choices (which you do!) I'm sure you will find a third name that you love

August 15th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm with you, we are WTTC but we have already picked out 4 boy names (we have 1 boy now) but when it comes to girls, I can't seem to find ANY that I am crazy about, except for Carrington, but it's a really long 1st name IMO. I say not to stress that it'll come to you, could be in a dream but you'll know when its right!
August 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I obsess over names still - and I'm not having any more kiddos

August 16th, 2011, 08:03 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBeachSomewhere View Post
Well, for what it's worth you most likely won't have to worry about triplets. I love that all the names on your list are family names, and they all sound great. You really can't go wrong with whatever you choose!

I obsess about names all the time as well. I'm always talking to my husband about what we're naming our next baby, and he's always reminding me that we may not HAVE a next baby. But I'm still naming it anyways.
this is so me!

Rachel, I love Lillian and David!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search