Charlotte or Lucia?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Charlotte or Lucia?
Charlotte Norah? 19 76.00%
Lucia Norah? 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Early in my pregnancy we decided on the name Lucia. While I like that name, it really clashes with her middle name (Norah) and it is SO uncommon here and everyone makes a face at it when we say we are calling her that.

I LOVE the name Charlotte, but the husband doesn't like it that much. I would be pretty disappointed if I didn't name at least one of my daughters Charlotte but I'm afraid of it getting really common. I don't want her to be the Charlotte L. in a class of other Charlottes.

Soooo, based on these things...in your opinion, should we go with Charlotte Norah or Lucia Norah? BTW, her last name doesn't clash with either names in any sort of way, so I can't really use how it sounds with her last name.

Opinions appreciated!

Last edited by LessthanThree; August 18th, 2011 at 01:20 PM.
August 18th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Super Mommy
What about Charlotte Lucia?

How do you pronounce Lucia? There's the Spanish way and the Italian way (I think it's Italian?) so Lu-see-uh or Lu-cha, or I think Lu-chee-uh is one, too.

I love Lucia (Lu-see-uh) - I think it's lovely. And if you're using the Spanish pronunciation, then it's really not that out of place to have a rhyming middle name. Lu-see-uh Norah doesn't sound bad at all to me. Lu-chee-uh Norah isn't too bad though I don't care for it. Lu-chuh Norah doesn't work at all for me, though.

That said, I really dislike the name Charlotte. I'm just not a fan. So my choice is obviously Lucia.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
August 18th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, we'd be pronouncing it lou-sha.

And since her middle name's named after her great-grandfather, we don't really want to change it. Not to mention it's the only thing we can agree on

August 18th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
My vote is for Charlotte! It's so pretty and I think it goes better with your son's name than Lucia.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

August 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, we've pretty much dropped Lucia at this point. I made this topic when my husband and I were arguing about it, so we still don't know the name (we've got it narrowed down though) but we'll have one soon.

Thanks you guys, but feel free to ignore this topic now. Sorry lol

August 18th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I really like Lucia a lot, but Charlotte's beautiful and I think it goes better with Nathaniel.
August 18th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just adding my two cents after the fact... I love Lucia because it's on my list too.

August 18th, 2011, 04:12 PM
OhBrooke's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Charlotte is gorgeous <3

August 18th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy
I really like Charlotte and it sounds amazing with Nathaniel. Charlotte is so feminine and unique, where Lucia is just not anything special to me.
BTW, love Norah as a middle name!
August 19th, 2011, 03:53 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Charlotte is so feminine and unique, where Lucia is just not anything special to me.
I agree.

I know OP said to ignore this topic but I wanted to say that 6 years after naming our dd Charlotte I've not met any others IRL and when people find out her name they exclaim on how lovely it is. So Charlotte definitely gets my vote.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
August 19th, 2011, 10:01 PM
K-10's Avatar Veteran
Charlotte for sure!

I'm not a fan of names that end in the same sound....
August 19th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Super Mommy
Charlotte was number 45 on the SSA list for 2010, and it's on the rise. While popularity doesn't matter very much in the long run, I think it's a stretch to say that Charlotte is unique, especially over Lucia which was number 265 (but also on the rise).
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
August 23rd, 2011, 08:20 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Charlotte!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

August 23rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Veteran
Charlotte Norah is pretty.
I like that spelling or Norah, too.
August 23rd, 2011, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Charlotte!

I struggle with names that when spelled the same way can be pronounced several different ways. No matter how you pronounce them others will pronounce them differently.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
August 23rd, 2011, 08:28 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I like Charlotte

September 22nd, 2011, 11:40 PM
Veteran
Charlotte is more attractive than Lucia..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search