Jumping In with #4

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies!

I'm expecting my fourth, and I have been playing name games with myself for the last few months, but I'm sure it would be much more fun to play them with you all! As of right now I'm team green, but I have my big u/s tomorrow, so of course I'm super excited about names right now.

Current kiddos are Sidney James 01/12/01, Ella Marie 12/22/08, and Camden Edward 06/12/10. Sidney James is named after family on both sides, Ella Marie is carrying on a many generation tradition of Marie (and I loved Ella, until I heard it everywhere, she is actually Isabella legally), and Camden Edward has his father's middle name (and became Camden because SO and I couldn't agree on a single name until I threw that one out 24hrs after he was born). So now it's time to think about #4, I have a fairly short list but tell me what you ladies think.

Boys:
Eyan
Chyler
Emery
Finley
Theo
Sawyer

Girls:
Evangelina (There are so many shortened versions of this that I love, Eva, Evie, Lina, etc)
Anissa
Luci/Lucia

I'm struggeling with girls names, my list is pretty short, and I've just got Evangelina Rose stuck in my head. I must say though, that I'm feeling there's a boy in there instead of a girl, but I'm fixated on that specific girl name.

So help me out ladies! Purty please!!!!!!

August 18th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I really LOVE Theo and Sawyer out of your boys names. I also love Evangelina, that's so beautiful - used to be on my list but I replaced it with Evelyn instead Lucia is also gorgeous!

Some girl suggestions:

Cecelia
Juliette
Esme
Delilah
Seraphina
Tatiana
Rhiannon
Arden
Louisa
Claire
Madelyn/Madeleine
Scarlette
Francesca
Eleanore
Viviana
Serena
Chiara
Nadia
Rowena
Gwendolyn
Lenore
Angelique
Leonie
Savannah
Natalia
Gabriella
Liliana
Anastasia
Estella
Rosemary
Calista
Dahlia
Aurora
August 18th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Super Mommy
I really like Emery and Sawyer, and Theo is cute but is a nickname to me. Theodore nickname Theo is great, though.

Eyan - is this Ian/Iain? I like the name, but don't care for this spelling

I really like all your girl names.

Some suggestions:

Riley
Finnegan
Brendan
Fletcher
Fisher
Sawyer
Shia
Donovan
Forbes
Logan
Keegan
Angus
Brogan
Garrett
Merritt

Alyssa
Nyssa
Annika
Elodie
Mira
Angelina / Angelica
Aspen
Bethany
Norah
Shannon
Selena
Teagan
Fiona
Karena
Vienna
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
August 18th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Out of the mentioned, here are my likes and why...

Cecelia - was on my list, forgot about it when typing, so doesn't bode well??
Esme - was on my last daughter's name list, still like, but Twilight? Already have an Isabella and Edward in the mix which was unintentional btw.
Scarlette - really like, but SO doesn't
Viviana - did have Vivienne, but SO knows one that he can't stand
Eleanore - Absolutely love this name, have an aunt Eleanore, but too close to Ella. There quite a few names I like but are just too close.
Lenore - like this one too, is a variation of my grandmother's name Leona that I've been tossing around.
Liliana - this was also on my dd's name list, still like, but know too many similar now
Aurora - love love love this one, but it's not right

Theodore - LOVE, but SO vetoes, but doesn't hate Theo
Eyan - yes, like Ian, but I don't like the spelling with the I.
Fisher - I like, but am hesitant and not sure why
Thatcher - not said, but I really like. Can't use as it's too close to my last name though.
Thaddeus - not said, but like this one too. Pretty sure it will go the way of Theodore though.

OK, so all that... I have a thing for names that can be broken down in to nicknames. I'd say I don't know why, but I think I do. My name is Jennifer, so common in the 70's. Anyway, throughout my childhood people called me Jenny, which I've always hated. As an adult, I go by Jennifer professionally, and my close friends call me Jen. Family still calls me Jenny, which makes me feel 12 and I hate, but oh well. (Not that it's not fine for others, I just don't feel "Jenny") So.... I like names that allow my child to make a choice and choose what they want to be called by later in life. Take Ella, if she doesn't like that later, she can be Bella, she can be Isabella, she can be Izzy, she can be many different variations of her given name. I wanted just Ella, but went with Isabella for that reason (even though it's so common, which makes me cringe now, but I couldn't see her as anything else at the time). See what I'm saying? Maybe I'm weird, but means something to me.

August 18th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Super Mommy
I love Evangelina for a girl, it goes well with your daughter because they will both have long names, but girly nn's. LOVE IT. For a boy I really like Finley. It's manly, but unique like your other boys! Congrats on the fourth!
August 18th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I loveeee Theo (Ben was almost named Theo) and I like Sawyer and Finley from your boys list. I like all of your girls names, Evangelina is pretty and Anissa is a beautiful & unique name. I also like just Nissa. I also adore both Lucy and Lucia!

August 18th, 2011, 10:33 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Eyan - nms
Chyler - nms
Emery - Like it!
Finley - Like it!
Theo - Obviously, I love this name. Dh did not want to go with Theodore (nn: Theo) either, but I put my foot down since he got his way with our first two. At first, I thought it was a little "stuffy"; but the more I've known my son as Theodore, the more I like it. It almost sounds like "thee-I-adore" when you say it in everyday conversation and I love that! Plus, using Theodore versus just Theo leaves open the option to call him Teddy when he is little or even Bear. So, even though we call him Theo 99% of the time, I'm so glad we went with Theodore.
Sawyer - I like this name!

Girls:
Evangelina - This is a pretty name!
Anissa - nms. It's very close to the popular Alyssa.
Luci/Lucia - I LOVE the name Lucia with nn Lucy!!!

I like the suggestion of Aurora for you!
August 19th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Thanks ladies! We'll see how today goes, and from which list we'll get to narrow it down from.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search