Baby boy name advice...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
So we found out that we are most likely having another boy!!! This weekend I came across the name Ezra and totally adore it. Two problems: 1. It has become rather popular in the past few years, which I can deal with cause I haven't heard of any other Ezras in our area. 2. It's got a strong biblical reference. We are not religious in the least. Do you think it'd be strange to use it in our family?

I really like how Ari and Ezra sound together too. So here are my questions... Have you ladies heard any cute variants or names similar to Ezra (Ira is obvs out)? Secondly I need middle name ideas. I wanted something family related, but I've got nothing so far so maybe I'll pick a name with a strong or special meaning.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
August 21st, 2011, 01:58 PM
K-10's Avatar Veteran
Ari and Ezra DO sound good together!

What are the family names you are considering for the middle name?

What about Ezri or Eli as various forms of Ezra?
August 21st, 2011, 03:11 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I really like the name Ezra, I don't think people will find you overly religious for using the name. After all there's a ton of religious names (ie: Michael, Daniel, Isaiah) that people just like and use for their kids regardless doesn't necessarily have a huge religious connotation.

But there is (with the E/Z connection I thought you might like them):

Enzo
Ezio
Ezer
Eli/Elliot
Zade
Zaki
Zander
Zephyr
Zion
Zane
Zeke
August 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
i think they sound AWESOME together, as a sibset. and I love the name by itself too

regarding the popularity - how many Ezra's do you know/know of??? just because the name is becoming popular in the country as a whole, doesn't necessarily mean that there are a tonne of babies with that name - ie chances are your DS would be the only Ezra in his class...

Emma is the most popular name over here - yet neither of my girls have an Emma in their classes/area at daycare... lol.

and the biblical reference - I'm the most unreligious person in the world, yet Gabrielle is a derivative of Gabriel, which is a biblical name - THAT aspect of it means nothing to me, I just like the name

Last edited by Gaby&Emmy'sMama; August 21st, 2011 at 05:40 PM.
August 21st, 2011, 06:41 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Hi Crystal! Allildh already mentioned the ones I was going to suggest that are similiar to Ezra.

I wouldn't let the biblical association turn you off of the name. I don't think people are going to assume you're religious with one son with that name. Now, if you had a Ezra, Jeremiah, and Malachi - maybe then.

As far as mns, you'd have to pick out something with special meaning for yourself. I do like strong, classic/traditional middle names with more unique first names, so something like Ezra Christopher, Ezra Michael, or Ezra James is cool in my book.
August 22nd, 2011, 06:12 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Ari & Ezra sound really good together.

I really like the suggestion of Ezra James.

August 22nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really love Ezra, it's in my top 3 for boys. I think it goes really well with Ari! I would also suggest Ezri (ez-ree) if you're looking for something less biblical - but I wouldn't personally worry about the biblical reference when it comes to Ezra. Good luck!
August 22nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Veteran
Congrats on your boy!
I absolutely amazingly adore Ezra. I actually don't know a single one- in real life, or online.
I'm not religious, either, but that would never stop me from using a name I love.
August 22nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
Super Mommy
I love the sound of those two names together! Such a cute sibset!
August 22nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Super Mommy
I like Ezra, and I think it sounds great with Ari. I wouldn't worry about the Biblical reference - like someone said before, a lot of Biblical names have made their way into pop culture these days, and few assume you're religious for using one. Using several, maybe, but not just one.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
August 22nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I love the name Ezra and I think it sounds great as a brother to Ari! I don't think its weird to use it if you aren't religious.

August 22nd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm LOVING Ari and Ezra together!! i don't think it automatically has a biblical/religious connection. I have a friend named Ezra (who's around 35 years old, so I not to worry its getting too trendy) and I never once considered his name religious related. its cute!!

*thank you*Kiliki*

August 23rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those names do sound good together, and I wouldn't worry about the religious reference. Noah is a really biblical name and everyone names their kid Noah.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

August 23rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Crystal_Lynn!!! Congrats on your new little man!!! I really like Ari and Ezra together.

August 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Ezra!! I think it goes great with Ari.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search