is this weird?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If we have a girl next she will be Paisley Grace

if we were to have another girl after that I love the name Olivia Mae.....is Olivia tooooo different from Brylie & Paisley?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
August 23rd, 2011, 12:04 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I would just go with the name you love now and cross that bridge when you come to it. Who's to say you'd have another girl and then you might not even like Olivia by then.

*I* wouldn't like Olivia in a sibset with Brylie and Paisley because not only is the style of name so different but the ending (long EE sound) and number of syllables in the names are so different. But then, I'm odd and analyze things like that when I don't think most people do.
August 23rd, 2011, 06:15 AM
Veteran
Personally, I think you should use what you love- even if the sibset doesn't quite match in styles (and, in your case- no, it doesn't so much). I would still use it, if it's your favorite name.
August 23rd, 2011, 06:36 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
I think all 3 sound cute together.

August 23rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I think they all sound fine together, I think it is more important to use what you love then worrying if the names match or not! For example I was a little worried about using Benjamin/Ben since we call Penelope Penny and I thought it was too similar but we loved Benjamin the most so we just went with it and I'm glad we did!

August 23rd, 2011, 07:48 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I think they all sound fine together. I love the name Olivia!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

August 23rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think they sound fine together. But then I guess I don't get the whole making sure the names are the type of name. They're individuals not a trio for most of their lives

When I was naming my son, the only thing I made sure of was that the names didn't sound too similar. Someone suggested Luke which I love but Luke & Lucy no way!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
August 23rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Quote:
I think it is more important to use what you love then worrying if the names match or not!

Probably nobody in real life will notice the theme doesn't necessarily go together.
TTC Our #1 Red Sox|Bruins|Celtics|Patriots Fan
August 23rd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaOnCloud9 View Post
I would just go with the name you love now and cross that bridge when you come to it. Who's to say you'd have another girl and then you might not even like Olivia by then.

*I* wouldn't like Olivia in a sibset with Brylie and Paisley because not only is the style of name so different but the ending (long EE sound) and number of syllables in the names are so different. But then, I'm odd and analyze things like that when I don't think most people do.
all of this, from top to bottom.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
August 23rd, 2011, 04:35 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Brinlee and an Isabel. The sib set reminds me a lot of what yours would be like if you had an Olivia and a Brylie/Paisley sib set. I think it works just fine. I'd much prefer to see someone use a name that they love than to skip a name they love in order to find something they feel "fits" with their other childrens' names.
August 23rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Super Mommy
I agree with PP, just name one at a time. But I like that sibset! It's cute and unique!
August 23rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Valerie.'s Avatar Loving life as a mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aillidh View Post

Probably nobody in real life will notice the theme doesn't necessarily go together.
Exactly!

August 23rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I think they go okay together - they may not match 100%, but all are pretty names and the most impt thing IS that you like it!

August 24th, 2011, 06:33 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
see i love them together...but my husband isn't a huge fan of Olivia and he wants Marley...so all 3 names would end in the lee name....but our boy name is either going to be Maverick or Grayson next time, neither of which end in "er" like Hunter...(though we've talked about Spencer)...but i duno...we didn't have a name for Hunter until he was ~30 hours old and that was not fun...im still not in love with his name and wish we would've gone with Maverick so i dont want to have those feelings toward another kids name!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
August 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like them together. We are thinking of picking Brynlie/Brinley if Pickle is a girl. So a bit similiar!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search