Name Game: Done with it

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
So I am over name hunting with DH. So I suggested, how about if you make a list of five name and I pick a name or I make a list of five names and you picked a name and then we'll just be done with it.

He agreed that he'll make a list of five names and let me pick but we aren't "Done with it" That will just be my pick for next week.

Whatever...

Just for contrast this baby and Scarlett will be close in Birthdays (end of Oct) and we had Scarlett picked out by the 4th of July...

August 23rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Fingers crossed that you figure out a name soon, but I'm sure you will. Maybe you should try picking out of a hat or something?
TTC#1 Red Sox Fan
Mama to Pit bulls (Z&M)
August 24th, 2011, 10:59 AM
xoNicolexo's Avatar 3 blues & 1 pink
Send a message via Yahoo to xoNicolexo
I'm due in 6 weeks & still don't have a name picked out. Best of luck to you!

August 25th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I'm sure you will agree on it soon! Maybe take a week off to clear your minds and then start thinking again?

August 26th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Any way I was given five names to choose from, Eleanor, Viviann, Victoria, Genevieve, and Samantha. With the first three being chew up and spit out the next two are new. BUT I don't like the nick names. I really really do not want a Jenny or a Sam.

So with Eleanor and Victoria being on the list AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN after I said NO NO AND NO plus Zinnia and Arabella could not even be my pick for the week I was starting to feel like Wayne was stonewalling me. I even looked it up on Google and the definition (for relationships) was not pretty, but accurate to how I was feeling.

I talked to Wayne and told him how I was feeling. I do not want this baby to have a name he hates and the baby will not have a name I hate because I am the one filling out the birth certificate.

So today without me hounding him he made me a list of about 10 new names. Well except Alanna which is a name we both love but it is a main charactor in our horrible writings so we are a bit leery about naming a baby the same name.

So in a nut shell we are finally concidering some names... Alanna, the charactor in the book, Tessa which Wayne says is just so short, and Viviann with I like he seems to like but well we just haven't commited

August 26th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Veteran
I like your siggy name tags there.....

Have you thought about just taking a small list of names with you to the hospital? And naming the baby after you see them?
August 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I like Alanna and Tessa a lot. Viviann's not really my style though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla View Post

Have you thought about just taking a small list of names with you to the hospital? And naming the baby after you see them?
Yeah, this is a good idea.
TTC#1 Red Sox Fan
Mama to Pit bulls (Z&M)
August 26th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aillidh View Post

Yeah, this is a good idea.
It's probably what we will do This is my first, so I have no past experience.. but, I can already tell it will be impossible for us to pick a name anytime soon (granted, I have a trillion weeks left). But, I wonder if people who struggle may fare better naming baby once you see them. Once you lay eyes on them, maybe you'll say "gosh, this looks like an... xxxxxx", kwim? And, it might just come to you.
August 27th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I hope the name matter is settled SOOOOOOOON....

August 31st, 2011, 12:29 AM
August 31st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Alanna but if there is another meaning thats too significant, Id go with Tessa! I love it, I think its adorable. If its too short, maybe Contessa?

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 31st, 2011, 05:44 PM
Super Mommy
I like Tessa, but if he thinks it is too short, why not use a longer name and just call her Tessa. Here's some suggestions:
Theresa
Tessadora
Tessariah
Tessalyn
Tessalee (my favorite)
Tessamine
Contessa
Therese
September 2nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntersaunt View Post
I like Tessa, but if he thinks it is too short, why not use a longer name and just call her Tessa. Here's some suggestions:
Theresa
Tessadora
Tessariah
Tessalyn
Tessalee (my favorite)
Tessamine
Contessa
Therese
DH says thank you for the list but no to all of them. The most viable Theresa, I don't like.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search