Why do middle names have to be so difficult???

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Regular
DH is making this severely difficult for us to choose a middle name. We're big on family names for middle names. That's one thing we've agreed on. Our first is Aiden Michael Lee (his middle name and his dad's and grandpa's first name, which is Michael, and my father's middle name, Lee.) We then had Riley Jo (Jo coming from my uncle who died at a very very young age.) And now we have Elijah nameless...... His mom wants to do something from the mother's side of the family, which I'm fine with. We had liked Elijah Chan (after MIL's father *asians <3*) or Chance (to Americanize Chan.) I talked with my mom and we all agreed on Chan, as Chance isn't a good name for my mother's side of the family (my grandmother's birth twin that died shortly after birth.) Elijah Chan. Perfect. WRONG! DH doesn't want to do it. We had picked out many names for girls from both sides of the family, Bailee Marie Hope, and others. But we have Elijah who needs a middle name! He's driving me nuts lol. He won't tell me what he wants. Difficult DH! <3

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 27th, 2011, 02:56 PM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Why is he so against Chan? It sounds nice with Elijah. Is there another family member he wants to name him after? Maybe you could use 2 middle names so each of you get to pick a name.

August 27th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I also think Chan sounds nice with Elijah. Especially since it has that family connotation. Like PP said, is there any other family members you want to honor?

Quote:
Maybe you could use 2 middle names so each of you get to pick a name.
I like this idea, then it's equal!!
August 27th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Regular
I went for the whole 2 middle names, Aiden has 2, why not Elijah? DH won't give me any answers. I swear if he waits til last minute, I'm the one who fills out the BC, I'll just write whatever I want down and he'll have to deal with it lol. I love Chan! I think it's amazing!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 28th, 2011, 07:08 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
If it were me I would flat out tell him this is what I like, if you can't contribute then that's his middle name.

August 28th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Super Mommy
Maybe he's got something really bad stored up his sleeve, and is hoping he can spring it on you when you're in too much pain to think straight (you know, the last three weeks before the baby is born?), and you'll have to agree. I pretty sure that's what my husband does.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
August 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P*to*the*ORTIA View Post
If it were me I would flat out tell him this is what I like, if you can't contribute then that's his middle name.

Besides, I say if you push the baby out you get most of the say in what name is chosen but that's just me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search