Need help with a boy name PLEASE!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh isn't agreeing to any names that I like. You ladies seem to have really good suggestions as I have been reading through them.

The name has to be one syllable. The mn will be Ricky after my Uncle that passed away last year. I am not too concerned with the first name "going well" with the mn. I just want an uncommon but manly name.

Siblings names are Brynn, Emme (pronounced "M") and Pierce.

I am going to come at Dh with a list and he will have to pick a couple off of it. I'm tired of the name game drama. LOL.

TIA!

Oh and a few of the names that I really like just to give you an idea are

Drake
Crew
Royce

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
September 4th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wanted to add that the only boy name we have agreed on is Greer which I really love but it rhymes with queer. I know that sounds horrible but our last name already rhymes with penis and the kids already catch crap for that. So I don't want to make it too terrible for him. LOL WDYT? Would you still go with a name that they will most likely get made fun of for?

September 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Super Mommy
Honestly, I'd probably skip Greer. I think kids will be teased for just about anything, and most of the time I don't suggest scratching a name off because it's teasing waiting to happen, but in this case I make an exception. If they already get teased about their surname, adding a tease-able first name in there just seems like a bad idea to me, especially when the potential one-liners are on the same subject.

Baby boy names:
Jace
Bruce
Dax
Max
Brent
Brett
Ace
Blake
Chance
Chase
Jack
Jude
Lance (my favorite)
Paul
Quinn
Reid
Scott
Grant

Those are the ones off the top of my head.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
September 4th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
We like the same kind of names...

Seth
Cade
Vaughn
Ari
Zane
Grey
Grant

September 4th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Greer is a girl's name, I've never heard it being used on a boy.

What about:

Rhys/Reese
Colton
Quinn
Weston
Chase
Ryder
Elliot
Finn/Finley
Jayce
Miles
Sawyer
Lincoln
Jett
Brody

*Sorry for repeats I was working on the post and posted behind everyone else
September 4th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Greer is a girl's name?? I think it is way too masculine for a girl IMO. Oh well it probably won't make the cut anyways bc of the rhyming.

I like the names everyone! Already added more to my list!

September 4th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Super Mommy
Greer is one of those names that people give to girls when they really shouldn't. Really though, it's neither a boy name nor a girl name, but a surname. It is now given to girls because the "surnames as first names for girls" trend has gotten out of control.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
September 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
how about:

Ross
Trace
Lance
Dean
Grant
Vaughn
Trent
Bryce
Brant
Brent
Brett
Brooks
Dane
Dax
Finn
Flynn
Zane
Shane
Neil
Reed/Reid
Rex
Ace

September 5th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Super Mommy
Here's some names: (sorry for any repeats I didn't read the others)

Cade Ricky
Lane Ricky
Dean Ricky
Noel Ricky
Steele Ricky
Finn Ricky
Graham Ricky
Ace Ricky
Birk Ricky
Brett Ricky
Max Ricky
Tye Ricky
Clay Ricky
Tate Ricky
Cane Ricky
Tate Ricky
Cole Ricky
Slade Ricky
Drake Ricky
Chace Ricky
September 5th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great selections! I appreciate the help. I added more to the list. I think I will go at Dh with 10 names.

I agree with the surname for girls trend getting out of control. Its hard to name a boy now. All the little girls have boy names or what use to be boy names. I think they are cute but still. Some names should be left for the boys.

September 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Sorry for any repeats:

Joss
Case
Hale
Colt
Lane
Cash
Gage
Von
Tate
Dane
Holt
Hayes
Roan
Burke
Shay
Rune
Cael

September 5th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
From what I've read Greer has been used pretty exclusively as a girl's name for a while now (since the 40's and 50's because of an actress Greer Garson) but it originally comes from a surname. But I looked at a few different sites and it says it comes from the surname Gregory and can be used for a male and a female.
September 5th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Super Mommy
In the case of Greer Garson, Greer was her second middle name, and her mother's surname. I think the practice of naming babies after the stage names of models/actresses/singers is ridiculous, but maybe that's just me. And just because a name is used more on girls than boys doesn't make it actually a girl's name. In fact, it just ruins it for either gender, IMO. You can't use it on a girl because it's a boy's name, and you can't use it on a boy because everything will think he's a girl. It's depressing.

All that said, I don't mind some boy names on girls, if they have some kind of special meaning to the parents (personally I've considered naming my baby Justin, girl or boy). But using a boy's name on a girl does not MAKE IT a girl's name.

I apologize if my opinion offends anyone. It's just my opinion.

September 5th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I don't generally like unisex names either and Greer's not my style at all for either gender. I prefer really classic names for both genders in general. But I guess my point was is that Greer was used for a long, long time predominantly as a girls name. I could be wrong but in my lifetime I've never met a boy named Greer. Kind of like Ashley or Aubrey or something, so much so that your automatic thought tends to think 'female'.

Off topic, but we're Irish Catholic and my Mam would tell me stories how when she was a kid there was actually a few boys in her class named 'Mary' because of how much Mother Mary is revered in Catholicism. That kind of blew my mind because I never heard of Mary being anywhere near being used on boys.

anyways sorry GrowBabyGrow, didn't mean to hijack your thread lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search