parents letting Facebook pick their baby's name.

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
came across this article and thought you ladies might be interested! A couple from Illinois is letting a facebook poll decide their daughters name. They are deciding between McKenna, Addilyne, Madelyn or Emily.

here's the article: Parents Leave Name Up to Facebook Poll

the poll can be found here: name the baby

thoughts, opinions?

September 26th, 2011, 07:35 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My friend did this. I think it can be a good way to get your friends and family's opinions on it, especially if you're stuck between a couple names.

September 26th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
It's not a horrible idea...but I personally wouldn't do it, because I want my baby's name to be my decision. I like Madelyn though out of her selections.
September 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Super Mommy
Well, if you absolutely can't decide from your list, why not let other people? I would think it was ridiculous if they were letting people make the suggestions, as opposed to just voting from a list.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
September 27th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I read the title I was thinking they were letting people name the child without suggestions. I wouldn't do it but I think it's ok if it's a vote on names they picked. All the names are fine.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
September 27th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
To be honest, I think it's kinda cool If they were letting people DECIDE the names, that'd be a bit loopy... I think people do this sort of thing more than we know (let others decide), theirs is just a very public way!

September 28th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby&Emmy'sMama View Post
To be honest, I think it's kinda cool If they were letting people DECIDE the names, that'd be a bit loopy... I think people do this sort of thing more than we know (let others decide), theirs is just a very public way!
So true! My mom & my bff helped us pick our son's name. And my mom helped with dd's middle name.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
September 29th, 2011, 07:12 AM
OhTaryn's Avatar Regular
I don't see the big deal
Like others said, if they had actually let the general public come up with their own choices and used one, it's kinda weird. But, they all chose these names.. they just couldn't decide between them. I think it's kinda cool.
September 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Lelah's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aillidh View Post
It's not a horrible idea...but I personally wouldn't do it, because I want my baby's name to be my decision. I like Madelyn though out of her selections.

It also could be a way to get attention (hence the internet article). I've seen a couple 'like pages' that say "If I get 1,000,000 likes I'm naming my baby Megatron" sans the proper spelling and grammar. On a side note I think news stations, wheter local or national, should leave Facebook alone. There are more important things happening than "Facebook stumps boys on why girls are posting the color of their bra." Just my two cents.
Landry Paige 12.19.12

RIP Alexis Julia
You are missed

Last edited by Lelah; September 29th, 2011 at 03:26 PM.
October 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
lol ask me in about 21 days!!!!

October 9th, 2011, 04:31 AM
I don't think it is different than asking through this forum for thoughts and opinions about names. Its just another location for the same support and opionion polling that happens here... possibly with more personal connections from people in the baby's life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search