Girls names..?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Lelah's Avatar Regular
I have roughly fifteen weeks left and we're still stuck for a girl's name. Names I love, DH doesn't, and vice versa. Our last name is Monroe (Marilyn is not an option ).

These are the names I brought up that DH "doesn't hate"

Brittney Madison - I love this, but I'm not crazy about the "Madison Monroe" combination.
Sharon Isadora - I brought this up a few months ago... not as crazy about it, but I'm still keeping it in mind.
Haven Cierra - Jessica Alba had nothing to do with this...
Lauryn Feona
Gisela Antoinette
Tatiana Hailey

And DH brought up Aleah, but the only spelling I love is Aaliyah (I know the connection, but that's not what we're trying for) which he said was fine, but we mentioned this to my sister in law in front of her daughter who more or less worships the singer. She said, and I quote, "That would be cool if you really had the baby on January sixteenth and named her Aaliyah because that was Aaliyah's birthday." I didn't know that, but knowing it now it kind of turns me off to the name and I really don't like the spelling Aleah (not to offend anyone), but this was the only name DH really seemed interested in. What would you do?

Feel free to mix and match. Any and call comments welcome.
Landry Paige 12.19.12

RIP Alexis Julia
You are missed
September 29th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Super Mommy
I like Lauren, but not with the y. Brittney seems dated to me, and I don't usually care for names with a huge selection of spelling options. The others just aren't my style. Tatiana is fine, but it feels very... Russian to me, lol. And Tatiana Hailey doesn't flow well at all, IMO. I love Fiona, but not with an e.

As for Aleah.. I don't like the same spelling that you like, so I'm not help to you. I don't think I'd let the connection bother me, though.

Some other random suggestions for you:

Shannon
Lorelei
Laurel
Havana
Tia
Cassandra
Bethany
Marisela
Jillian
Megan
Brooke
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
September 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really like Sharon Isadora, very uncommon but it sounds great together. I also like Lauren Fiona, spelled this way.

September 29th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I like Lauryn Feona best but spelled Lauren Fiona. Tatiana Hailey is my second favorite.
September 30th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Out of all your choices, my absolute favorite is Isadora. I know it wasn't an option but I love Isadora Sharon or even Isadora Madison.

I also really like Alia (my second fav of your choices) spelt this way. It looks as feminine as it sounds and doesn't bring the singer to mind.
September 30th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Super Mommy
I LOVE Haven Isadora Monroe! I think it's such a feminine but strong name! My second favorite is Lauryn Fiona. cute too!
October 4th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Regular
Brittney Madison - Madison is my daughter's middle name. IMO Madison is the new Marie. This spelling of Brittney is so 90s. Brittany Madison would be better.
Sharon Isadora - Very nice.
Haven Cierra - Haven seems a little regal for Cierra, and Cierra is NMS.
Lauryn Feona - Neither of those names are generally spelled like that. You could go with Lauryn Fiona or Lauren Feona.
Gisela Antoinette - I love both names separately.
Tatiana Hailey - Hailey Tatiana flows better.

As for Aleah/Aaliyah, babies never come on their due date (none of my four did anyway), so unless she is born on January 16, I wouldn't worry about the connection. But I like the spelling Aliya.

Haven Isadora (previously mentioned, but I like it)
Haven Antoinette
Lauren Isadora
Madison Fiona
Tatiana Madison
Sharon Antoinette
Hailey Gisela
Hailey Madison

October 4th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Lelah's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahCecilia View Post
IMO Madison is the new Marie.
My aunt and I were just discussing that! Everyone's mn is Madison now.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. DH is over Aleah. I swear sometimes I think I'm the only one who wants this baby to have a name. And I love Haven Isadora. Hmm...
Landry Paige 12.19.12

RIP Alexis Julia
You are missed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search