Two middle names?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy
Wdyt about 2 middle names? Our dd has only one. And her initials are M.E. for Matt(Dh) and Erin. If we have another girl we picked a name with E.M. We plan to have more kids so I was thinking if we had a 3rd girl we would incorporate our mothers names which are Sharon and MaryLou.

I like Sienna Mackenzie Leah. I like that it would be unique and if anyone asked why the two middle names I would explain the girl theme we did, but do you think its too much?

October 11th, 2011, 02:59 AM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think so. If I was having a girl her middle name would be Kayla Marie. I'm tossing around the idea of two middle names for our boy.

I like the idea.

October 11th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Both my girls have two middle names. Well, one is two names hyphenated.
But I also gave my youngest girl "boy" middle names, as they are extremely important to me and who knows if I'll ever have a boy to have used them. Their middle names have never been once been brought up in the 2.5 and 1+ years they've been alive, and my middle name which I had always thought to be boring and "old" was also never an issue, even when I was embarrassed of it.
October 11th, 2011, 06:45 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no, my older 2 boys have 1 middle name each BUT, Isaac and Zoey both have 2 middle names.
ALL my kids middle names are family names/after family memebrs

October 11th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
2 of my girls have double middle names. It hasn't been a problem at all.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

October 11th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I have two middle names ...though I combined them into one. I think it's a cool idea and say go for it!
October 11th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 2 middle names, my brother and sister do as well. We loved it, growing up with a fairly common name, it make it feel a little more unique. My son has 2 middle names and future children will too

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 11th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Wildflower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to give all my future children 2 middle names, and I wish I would have given my son a second middle name but we couldnt find something that just worked for his name. But I love it, for me its putting in a name that I like and a family name

October 11th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Super Mommy
I love 2 middle names, my older sister and DB have 2 middle names. I plan on giving 2 to all my children and they will all be after family. I just love the idea of 2 middle names.
October 15th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Regular
DH and I thought about it. He has two middle names and I just have the one, so we were planning on giving the boys two middle names just like their father. Ethan was originally going to be Asher Ethan Russell, but when he was born he looked too much like an Ethan, so we decided to go with just Ethan Russell. Then when Chase came we didn't even consider two middle names. I think if it has flow and it isn't a mouthful, go for it! Two middle names are fun.

October 16th, 2011, 03:30 PM
maggzies's Avatar Veteran
I only have one, as does DF.
We plan on giving all our children two middle names, mostly because I love too many names to pick just one.

October 18th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Super Mommy
My three children only have one each, but I may be stopped at four, and therefore my fourth may end up with two middle names. This doesn't bother me.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
October 18th, 2011, 05:51 PM
katchi's Avatar Super Mommy
I am desperately trying to convince DH to let me do this. Especially for girls, I like it. So many girl names are lovely as doubles and with our first name, "Elizabeth," if we went with only one, it's hard to pick one. You pretty much have to stick with one syllable names to go with it for the cadence of the name to come off well. However, I noticed that if he lets me choose a double middle, it flows better! I love the idea of family names, as well, and am a big believer in it. I would like to use Elizabeth Nora Mae, but if he doesn't concede, we are going with Elizabeth Claire. The thing that pulls so hard for me with double middles is the freedom to nickname yourself or choose another name when you're a grown up. I changed mine when I left for college and having a middle name I adored and that had meaning was a big pull. (It was my grandmother's name, who I admired and loved deeply, so when she passed, I felt really compelled to start using it.)
I say definitely do the double middle, it's a great way to give your child options and to bring in more heritage to the name.

October 18th, 2011, 07:44 PM
JadaJade's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to JadaJade
I was thinking about doing 2 middle names for this baby, and have his name be spencer james edward...

but he's got two last names because my SO is a hyphen, so his name would be
spencer james edward brogan haage.

which... just seems like too much of a mouthful to me. so I kept it with just the one middle name.

Lil' Mister, Spencer James is due to arrive 11/1/11!
GO TEAM BLUE!!
October 18th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Both of my DD's have two middle names - Gaby has two family related names, Emersyn has one family related name & a name Gaby chose

October 18th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
[QUOTE=JadaJade;25041886]I was thinking about doing 2 middle names for this baby, and have his name be spencer james edward... [QUOTE]
I love all of those names, but as a mom of two Thomas the Tank Engine-loving boys, I couldn't help but think, "Those are all train names!"

October 19th, 2011, 05:12 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm jealous of those of you who can give two middle names, we wouldn't be able to do that with our last name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search