Finn

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Sarahmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband is set on the name Finn if we have a boy. I'm concerned over teasing, but I do like the name.

What is your opinion on the name? Do you know any Finns? Were they teased or do they like their name? What do you think of when you hear it?

Thanks for your opinions!!

April 12th, 2005, 07:32 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like it. I think one of Julia Roberts babies is named Finn. I think they were Hazel and Finn if I am not mistaken.

EDIT: I looked it up and it is actually Phinnaeus with Phinn for short. So it is spelt differentely.

April 13th, 2005, 01:53 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like it . My BIL is called Fintan, we always call him fin
April 13th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Super Mommy
It's unique, but the crap he'll get growing up just does not seem worth it. I don't think parents overall really realize or remember just how horrible kids are in school to the degree of how cruel they can be. A name is everything and to have one that can so easily be made fun of just isn't worth it for your kid to have to go through. Finn as a middle name maybe good as long as his whole name flows.
April 13th, 2005, 10:00 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually think it depends where you live. I went to college with guys with names like Keegan, Derry, Brooks and Osam. But in my hometown, narrow minded people would have rolled their eyes at such names. So go with your gut. I do think that Finn is a very cool and breezy name - it sounds like a likable person. But if you live in a homogenous type of place, and are concerned with "what people will think" then I'm sure you could go with alternates that sound similar, like Phil. I dunno. Finn is not so out there. If you were calling him, like Rainbow Sparkles or something, that would merit more concern.
April 13th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Personally I am not to crazy of the name, but you have to pick what you like

April 13th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I love the name I so wanted to use it but dh is sooo picky. I think that kids will find a way to pick on a name no matter what. My name is Kristina normal and popular but you can get kristina pistina, krusty kristy, Kristinka, and on and on. I had a friend whose name was Regina , she was a Regina steamer carpet cleaner, lol.My brother Ryan was crying lying ryan. You need to name the baby what you like, and not worry about what the school kids will say. Good Luck.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 13th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Personally, I like the name Finn. It's unique. We were concerned about our son's name, too. His name is Rylan. People turned their noses up when they heard. Even our parents. Now we get lots of compliments. We call him Ry.

April 13th, 2005, 06:33 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too rolled my eyes when Julia named her son Phin, now I LOVE it!? Our dd is Emma which we didn't hear at all when she was born, now it's the #1 name in the U.S....so much for trying to be different. I agree that you have to go with what you like. No matter what, there will always be someone who has an opinion, but it's yours and your s/o, dh that matters

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
April 18th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Sarahmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the input girls...if its a boy, I think we're going for it! Its unique, and we like it.

April 28th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love it! A mama on another board I frequent recently named her boy Finn (actually Finnegan) and I think it's perfect! It's sounds very irish to me!
<div align="center"> </div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a></div>

<div align="center"></a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"></div>
April 28th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Amandalulu's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like it. Go with what you want.

I know my dh probably wouldn't go for it but I like how it sounds. My dad didn't like the name Olivia, said it was too heavy for a baby ????? But we still like it and will use it this time if baby #3 is a girl.

We have Xander picked for a boy (dh's father's middle name Alexander) and most when they first heard it just say oh! That's different.

My sister worried about her son Tristan's name, said no one seemed to like it. We told her after he's born, he'll be a Tristan and he is. Quite a cutie too.

You like it? You use it!!

Amanda

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search