What name. . .

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2006, 01:47 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
is getting too popular for your liking??
I have loved the name Layla for a long time, I like it because its different, but not weird and very pretty. I like names that aren't hugely common.
It seems like its getting a lot more popular though lately,, and by the time I have a girl I doubt I will even use it because of this!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

July 13th, 2006, 05:54 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really liked Lyla/Lila for a long time but it seems to be getting more popular. DH and I have agreed that Layla would be a good name for girl #2 (whenever that is!!! )

Caeden/Kayden, on another message board I go to it seems like every second person is naming their son that! It was the ONLY boys name DH and I ever agreed on, so that sucks.
July 13th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Madison definitely. i love the name, it's so pretty. i've liked it for a while.. but now it's just SO popular, ughh.. who knows, maybe it'll calm down by the time i have kids.
July 13th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Quote:
I really liked Lyla/Lila for a long time but it seems to be getting more popular. DH and I have agreed that Layla would be a good name for girl #2 (whenever that is!!! )

Caeden/Kayden, on another message board I go to it seems like every second person is naming their son that! It was the ONLY boys name DH and I ever agreed on, so that sucks.[/b]

Leah, you jerk! lol stealing my baby name! j/k

July 13th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Gwen
Emma is becoming very popular in my area, but I still like the name.
July 13th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Heather1628 Send a message via Yahoo to Heather1628
I like Olivia and its becoming more popular but i like it spelled Alivia
July 14th, 2006, 12:45 AM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
none of my favorite names are really getting too popular, as of yet
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
July 14th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's funny, when I was a kid my 2 absolute favorite names were Ava and Aidan, and at the time they were really obscure and people thought I was wierd for liking them, and now there are little Ava's and Aidans everywhere! I understand the Ava trend, it started after Reese Witherspoon named her daughter that, but the Aidan thing I really don't understand...
I also love Jacob and Emma, but they are #1 and #2 respectively so there is no way I would use them....
July 14th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Send a message via MSN to ChelseaM
The name Riley, i Love it but its way too popular i know atleast 3 kids with this name including a teenager. I love it though and wish it was not so popular, i also love the name Jayden and Aiden that are really popular

Waiting for baby #1
</span>

July 14th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Landen, dh and i like harlie for a girl but i've been seeing alot of harlie's so i dont know if we could use it anymore. (besides i like kenya better)

July 14th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Quote:
I love a lot that have become too popular for me to use. A few are: Ava, Isabella, Aiden.[/b]

Quote:
It's funny, when I was a kid my 2 absolute favorite names were Ava and Aidan, and at the time they were really obscure and people thought I was wierd for liking them, and now there are little Ava's and Aidans everywhere! I understand the Ava trend, it started after Reese Witherspoon named her daughter that, but the Aidan thing I really don't understand...
I also love Jacob and Emma, but they are #1 and #2 respectively so there is no way I would use them....[/b]

Ava is another name I love,, I also heard it before Reese Witherspoon had her daughter,, I liked it then, but wayyyy to popular now.

I have noticed Aiden has gotten a lot more popular since sex and the city,, I am really not sure where the original popularity started from though.

July 18th, 2006, 08:54 AM
MamaBx3
Sophie
July 18th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Sophie [/b]
I love that name still.......... I don't think its as popular as Sophia.. I think if I was you it would be a name I would still use

July 18th, 2006, 09:11 AM
LuvCaleb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvCaleb
we were going to do Aidan but i changed my mind when i saw that name everywhere!
July 18th, 2006, 12:59 PM
thanks for the replies!

July 18th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Azlynn's Avatar Veteran
I liked Aidan about 14 years ago, saw it in a baby book and debated between that and Ryan. I ended up using Ryan Matthew when my son was born.

I did actually forget about the name until the movie Practical Magic came out and had Aidan Quinn as the leading man, not sure if other people started using it from this but the movie came out in 1998 and it seems like within a couple years Aidan was slowly climbing up the charts. I didn't see Aidan in the SSA top 1000 for 1998 but by 2000 it's there as Aiden #324 and Aidan is #114.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search