When was the first time?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
What was the first time you heard/saw/thought up the name you named your child/ or want to name/plan to name your future child? Is it something that you liked because it was unique, because it had meaning to your family, etc? I'm just curious because my sister, som friends and I were discussing this over dinner tonight because my sister is due with her second child in about a week and a few of our friends are pregnant as well as me of course!

Personally...

One of my favorite girls names is Ariana. I remember I was down the shore, sitting on the beach about 6 or 7 years ago and there was a family sitting next to us and I heard the mother call the baby Ariana and she was so adorable (what baby isnt though?)! I just thought to myself wow what a beautiful name, I would love to use it and I had never heard it before than so I thought it was different but not TOO out of the park. If I have a girl I might use this for this baby but I think we are pretty set on Delilah for our first girl. (we want to have a bunch so I'm sure I'll get to use it somewhere!)

Also, Delilah is of course probably my favorite name right now. The first time I totally fell in love with it was when I heard the song "Hey There Delilah" and it just made me love the name and I had thought it was cute before this but it just really turned me on to it and lucky my hubby loves it to.
Part of the song that is so pretty:

"Hey there Delilah,
Whatís it like in New York City?
Iím a thousand miles away,
but girl tonight you look so pretty,
Yes you do,
Time Square canít shine as bright as you,
I swear itís true
. "

for boys..

I love Tristan, I dated a boy in middle school with this name, which was when I first started liking it (which kinda turns my hubby off to it! of course that was like 10 years ago) I just thought it was really different and cute. Plus I have a history minor and I'm very interested in Arthurian Legend and such.

this is getting quite long but i'd like to hear everyones story just out of curiousity! Because I see alot of great names here and I often wonder if there is a story behind them or why you fell in love with it

July 14th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i liked ashton ever since i was little. i think i probably heard it somewhere. i dont remember.

July 14th, 2006, 08:22 PM
gabbie's Avatar Veteran
My first DD name is Shayla Maria. Not really sure where I heard that name from. Just really liked her name. Maria is my mothers middle name. My second DD name was Leah (Lay-a) Justine. When me and DH was trying to think of name we couldn't come to an agreement on it. Then he thought about his grandmother who was named Leah and is other grandmother was named Justine. So we combined the two together and came up with her name. She was so proud of her name she would write it on everything.

Leah Justine "GONE BUT NEVER EVER FORGOTTEN"

Mom to 3 Beautiful Girls

Shayla Maria (17)
Leah Justine (Forever 7)
Alicia Alessandra (1)
July 14th, 2006, 08:58 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I first found my daughter's name, Jaidyn, on a Cabbage Patch Doll Birth Certificate

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
July 14th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really like Scout, and i first heard it in To Kill a Mockingbird.
July 15th, 2006, 08:06 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Well at first I had really loved the name Mckenzie. I had went to school with a girl named this and at the time it was really unique and I had never heard it before. But then I found Mikayla on a baby name site when I was pregnant. I had later taken it off my list but when she was born had decided that is suited her perfectly. Lynn is a family name that was passed down from my mom to me, so I wanted to pass it to my daughter as well. I strongly believe in using family names for middle names
July 15th, 2006, 12:16 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My boyfriend picked Brody.
The name I want to name my little girl is Layla,,,,, heard it from the Clapton song which I love,,, and I've loved it for years.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

July 17th, 2006, 07:11 AM
** Mandy **
When my husband and I decided we were going to start TTC I started looking online for baby names. I knew I wanted the middle name to be Jean so that we could continue the tradition (it is my middle name as well as my moms and grandmothers). So, I started looking for names that would go with it. When choosing names I looked at the meaning and also considered the initials and what nicknames could come out of it. I had a list that I made up of names I liked and suggested only one other before DH agreed on this name. It was really an easy choice for us actually.

July 17th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
thanks for sharing your stories girls!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search