wdyt about two middle names?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Hi ladies!
BF & I have been "finalizing" our name list recently and have been tossing around the idea of two middle names. Reason being, he insists on having his first name as our son's middle name; which I'm totally up for. However, I'm not crazy about how the names flow with his name as the middle name, which is why I'd be all for giving them two middle names.

Right now our boy names are:
Kohl Davis (Davis after my grandfather - Bruce David)
Kaid Lucas
Konor Levi

BF's name is Scott, and I absolutely love it as a second middle name for all three names above.

Would it be tacky to give all three their own "first" middle name and then all have the same "second" middle name? I know there is no saying that we'll have three boys once we're finally blessed with babies, but hypothetically speaking..

Also, how would monograming work? I absolutely LOVE the idea of having monograms on pretty much everything, so this is another set back for me!

Thanks so much in advance!
April 20th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't mind two middle names but think it's too repitive to give all three boys the same middle name. IMHO I would just incorporate your BF's first name (Scott) as only one of the middle names. I'm also not sure how you'd do monograms and such unless you just dropped Scott off of all the boys' monograms to do the three other initials.

April 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Both of our boys have two middles. I love it and if I were to monogram something and there was only room for 3 initials I think i'd just leave off the 2nd middle name's initial.
April 20th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I don't mind the two middle name thing...I used to have two middle names but when I got married I merged it into one. Too confusing otherwise.

I think it sounds good and Davis-Scott, Lucas-Scott and Levi-Scott flow well together. Not a huge fan of the changing C for a K trend though.
April 21st, 2012, 05:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not a fan of two middle names, but the names do flow ok.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

April 21st, 2012, 06:42 AM
Veteran
My daughter has one middle name but this baby will have 2 middles due to the father having a say this time around. I like 2 middles names but I don't think you should use Scott on all three boys. Maybe just your first born son?

April 21st, 2012, 06:50 AM
KirstyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both my kids have two middle names but for family reasons. I would have prefered just one middle name.

Scott suits all of those names well
Baby #4: Due 16/09/14
April 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't like the two middle names. But, I agree that Scott does flow well with any of those names. I'd also only use Scott for a middle name for one of them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search