Still stuck on a name..ahh

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsjl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi again ladies..I know I technically have about 20 weeks to think about this but I really am determined to have a name picked out by my ultrasound on may 8th..I've already decided if we have a boy we're naming him Jude Michael..My husband doesn't have a problem with this so that's awesome..My problem is I'm hung up on a girls name..I can't even start to think about girls names..for some reason my mind just shut down and nothing sounds good..Well almost nothing..For some reason my mind keeps wandering back to the name Matilda..Actually if I'm honest I fell in love with that name back in like kindergarten when I read the book for the first time..I don't think my husband is going to agree with this because he's somewhat plain in the way he chooses so Im not excited to have this conversation with him..Honestly Ive googled and looked through "baby names" and I just can't get very far because I hate everything I see..where do you start?

April 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd start with Matilda! I think it an adorable name with lots of simple nickname options for your dh to consider. There's Mattie, Tilly, Millie, Mila, Tilda, Atty.
April 27th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The only Jude I know IRL is a girl. Would you consider using Jude with either gender?

I tried to get Jude on my short list of girl names this time, but DH didn't care for it.

April 27th, 2012, 12:17 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
start with a completely ridiculous name. talk about how much you love it constantly for a week. then, when he won't relent, get upset and say "but the only other name I like is Matilda!" and he'll be like, "I like Matilda!" because it was WAY better than the crazy name you've convinced him you love.
whitehouse1 likes this.

April 27th, 2012, 01:36 PM
The best advice I've heard about baby names: you SHOULD use that name that you have loved forever (no opportunity for regrets!) and the one that your mind does keep going back to! Agree that the nickname opportinities might appease your husbands more "plain" style. And I am a sucker for lengthy, classic girls names.
April 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Actually I talkd to him and he agreed ..well that settles that..LOL..

April 27th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Jude Michael is perfect, I love it

Congratulations on getting to name your daughter Matilda!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search