We can't decide!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2012, 05:42 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Alright ladies, we need help! As you've probably already noticed my siggy says we will be naming our done Jett, however, thar isn't going to work and my due date is slowly approaching.
DH and I like the name but are afraid he will be teased. His middle name will be Giovanni after my grandfather and last name is Ford. As for first names we both like Aidan but it's becoming way too popular in Montreal. I like Tristan, DH hates it. Recently I've grown to like Zachary. We can't decide. I'm half Italian half french and DH is Irish and Scottish. Please throw us some names! LOL!

May 21st, 2012, 08:01 AM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why would there be teasing potential for Jett?
I really like Tristan, too bad you can't talk your husband in to it! I also have a huge soft spot for Zachary, I think it's so handsome! I agree that Aidan is too popular (if popularity bothers you, like it does me)! I'm not sure what to suggest with the whole Italian/French/Irish/Scottish thing...other than a name that is easily spelled/pronounced. Are there any other names you've considered?
May 21st, 2012, 08:37 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
I'm confused on the teasing for Jett too. I love that name! We considered Jett and Tristan for my middle son and ended up naming him Jacoby

I like all your choices except Aidan because of how common it is.
Since you seem to have similar taste as my husband, I'll list some of his faves:

Isaac
Collin
Cameron
Ashton
Ashler
Skyler
Tyler
Taylor
Owen

Good luck!
May 22nd, 2012, 03:31 AM
We called out son Ethan, I think it's one of the most beautiful names for boys.
May 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually like Jett. It's strong, unique and fairly simple. I don't see any teasing potential. It was John Travolta's son's name.

May 22nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Since Melanie hasn't been back....her DP works at an airline....that's the part that's missing that they're concerned about teasing.

I still love the name Jett, Melanie!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 22nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, that makes sense. My DH is an field engineer and works in planes. I think as long as its just a coincidence and not a theme it's NBD. My DH knows someone that each of their kids names are plane affiliated I think it was Barren and Piper and a few more. I didn't know the affiliation until DH educated me about it. Now that's just overboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

May 31st, 2012, 11:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What if you spelled Tristan with an o instead, Triston? Legitimate spelling and more masculine than the a spelling. My little nephew is a Triston.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search