where did you find...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 04:28 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
your children's names? Did you see it first in a book, a forum, a baby name list, justmommies, another site? Did your DH suggest it? A family member?

June 1st, 2012, 10:00 AM
KellyR80's Avatar Mommy to six! :)
I had my kids names picked out before I was even pregnant. I heard their names from people talking, tv, books or movies and just fell in love with them.
June 1st, 2012, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Katherine is my middle name. Adalynn I got from JM.

June 1st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Me and Jesus <3 You
Scarlett from Gone With the Wind. Ellis from a book I read.

I also really liked how fancy and flowy is looked written it cursive.
June 1st, 2012, 11:32 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Oxford Dictionary of Celtic Mythology... and Oxford Dictionary of Celtic Names. Other Celtic name books as well.

June 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
A video game, a baseball player & a name I just mentioned to DH (he ended up liking it).

June 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I first heard Rebecca on Full House, and then in a song.
Nathan was a character from a TV show but he isn't named after him or anything, we just liked it.

June 2nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
KirstyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Owen is the middle name of my great(x2) grandad who died in WW1. I found it while I was doing my family tree and knew I had to use it. His first name was Allan.
Maria came to me in a dream.
Baby #4: Due 16/09/14
June 2nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Family names and Biblical names.

Gabriel I have loved since I was in HS. I can't remember where or how I found it, but it's always stuck to me and obviously it is from the Bible...so we'll go with that.

James is a family name on both sides. It is my FIL's full first name, my grandmother's maiden name, and my brother's middle name.

June 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lucinda Elizabeth

Lucinda was my grandmother's middle name. I had wanted to use that name since I was 15. Elizabeth came from my mom's bff. I didn't use it because it was her name but we were visiting her & talking about middle names to go with Lucinda & she said "Elizabeth of course" and I was like yes!

Noah David

I looked in books, JM everywhere but couldn't find a name the Dh & I agreed on. One day I just heard Noah on the radio & that was it! David is my dad's name.

Dh has 2 dds from a previous marriage & they are both named after characters in a book. He wanted to do that for ds but Lucy was named after my grandma & I didn't want her to be the only 1 again. So although Noah wasn't named after Noah in the Bible - it works & we chose David as the family name so Noah has both sides of the family.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
June 5th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband came up with my first child's name. He had a schoolmate by the name and liked it. My second child's name I came across in my baby name book.
June 6th, 2012, 01:16 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH suggested (insisted on) Gideon (although it obviously comes from the Bible). Ray is DH's late grandfather's name.

Merit is from one of my many, many, many internet searches for a name and Jane is my grandmother's name.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

June 6th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
DD1 is Gabrielle Jayda-Leigh... Gabrielle was a 'compromise' name - mainly I compromised on all my favourites because he didn't like any of them, and wouldn't bring any of his own to the table.. So I listed characters from TV shows & got to Gabrielle from Desperate Housewives & he agreed.. Jayda is after my 1st angel, Jayden.. and Leigh is after my sister (her m/n)

DD2 is Emersyn Lily-May. Emersyn I actually saw mentioned on JM about 4 years ago now, and i fell in love with it and KNEW I had to have a little girl named Emersyn! Her Dad wasn't in the picture so I chose the name.. it was a way to make up for compromising so much on Gaby's name. Lily was a name Gaby chose - I wanted her to have a role in naming her sister.. and May is my Mum's middle name

Had I had my way, Gabrielle would have been Aliya Isobel-May...

June 6th, 2012, 07:13 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A online friend in a mom's group had a son named Jace. I thought it was so unique and cute. This was years before the Jace on teen mom. Now I hate that people think I got it from that show. His middle name is a family name.

Ayla is the main character from the Clan of the Cave Bear book series, or the movie Clan of the Cave Bear. I loved the name the second I first heard it and I'd have a daughter with that name someday. The character is strong, brave, surviver that does things no other woman (or man) have done. I want my daughter to be like that. Her middle name is my best friend's name. She died of cancer a month before I met my husband.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
June 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Regular
We came up with Conan because during the first trimester all I craved was hot cocoa, so I nicknamed the baby "Coco" and the more I said it, I found myself trying to come up with a name that would go with Coco, even though my fiance thought it was too girly I don't know why Conan seem to come mind. I always liked it, but I wasn't influenced by Conan O'Brien or the barbarian like everyone keeps asking :/ lol

I just liked the way it went with Coco and my fiance finally agreed with me on it so we stuck with it. And Xavier is one of my fiance's favorite names so we came to a compromise as well.

Missing my little Coco, forever in mommy and daddy's heart.

June 5th, 2012.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search