Names on the top 100

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MommaOnCloud9

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Veteran
Are you going to use/have you used names on the top 100? Do you worry about them being outdated sounding in the future or do you just go with what you love?
July 18th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I don't even check what's on the top 100 tbh...just go with what I love.

July 18th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just go with what I've always loved. It does put a big downer for me that the the names that I've loved for so many years are starting to become much more popular, tho. But it wouldn't prevent me from using them since they hold meaning to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

July 18th, 2012, 01:48 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Just go with what I love

Sent using Forum Runner

July 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am turned off if a name I like is on the top 100 but I will choose a name I love. Luckily for me, the names I love are not that popular.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
July 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
My boys Andrew and Tyler have popular names. Since my nameis Nicole I don't really want a super popular name and I have tossed names out because they are popular. Scarlett's real name is Elizabeth which even thouh it is super popular it is not trendy like the Aiden/Jayden/Hayden mess.

I am looking the perfcect name that balances everything one point is is it too popular.

July 23rd, 2012, 09:08 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I don't worry about my kids names sounding dated. I don't think it bothers the Jennifers of the world that most people know they are in their 40s-50s or the Lindas that they are in their 60s-70s. So, I'm okay with "dated" names as long as they go with the current generation.

I think the dated part only comes into play when someone who's expecting a baby uses a trendy name of decade(s) or generation(s) ago. When my daughter was in preschool, I thought it was strange...and dated....that there was a girl in her class named Linda. But I just figured she was named after her grandma/great-grandma.

I choose a name I love and that I think will grow well with my child throughout his/her years and serve him/her well when trying to get into colleges, applying for jobs etc.... I do not think my child's name is a time for me to get creative and whimsical with.
katie27 likes this.
July 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I choose a name I like, without even knowing where it falls as far as the most popular names go...

As it is, Gabrielle was in the top 100 the year she was born.. around 70 something.. Emersyn certainly wasn't, but I notice it is making it's way closer and closer to the top 100...

July 24th, 2012, 01:50 AM
KirstyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just go with what I love and make sure it is a name that will suit them in all stages of their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaOnCloud9
I don't worry about my kids names sounding dated. I don't think it bothers the Jennifers of the world that most people know they are in their 40s-50s or the Lindas that they are in their 60s-70s. So, I'm okay with "dated" names as long as they go with the current generation.

I think the dated part only comes into play when someone who's expecting a baby uses a trendy name of decade(s) or generation(s) ago. When my daughter was in preschool, I thought it was strange...and dated....that there was a girl in her class named Linda. But I just figured she was named after her grandma/great-grandma.

I choose a name I love and that I think will grow well with my child throughout his/her years and serve him/her well when trying to get into colleges, applying for jobs etc.... I do not think my child's name is a time for me to get creative and whimsical with.
Agreed!
Baby #4: Due 16/09/14
July 24th, 2012, 08:21 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go with what I love.

Rebecca was 105 in 2007
Nathan was 27 in 2010

my current top names rank in at 43 and 396 for girls and 63 and 36 for boys.

July 24th, 2012, 08:34 AM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
I agree with the majority, I go with what I love!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
July 24th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Veteran
I LOVE Charlie for a future girl...but I'm leaning towards Charlotte so she has a more professional name option. Plus Charlotte Cora sounds/looks way better than Charlie Cora, but it's SOO high up there on the list. I just hope if she is one of many Charlottes she will be one of the only Charlies. The popularity really ruined Sophia for me Not because it's popular per se, but because I get sick of hearing it.

« Help! | Baby Names | Rnotd »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search