Who came up with your children's names?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Your husband, you, family member, friend? Did you like it when you first heard it if you werent the one to come up with it or did it grow on you?

September 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I came up with Coleman, Lucas and Isabel. Dh came up with Emmalyn after I pushed for Emma and Emmaline. Romilly was a suggestion I saw here and it grew on me. Alyssa named herself, lol! Not really, she was supposed to be Alexa but everyone heard Alyssa and I found myself stumbling trying NOT to say Alyssa and finally just gave in. It was meant to be.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

September 4th, 2012, 01:45 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I picked Rebecca when I was 8. Her middle name is Michelle because my hormonal brain on my due date decided it would be better for her to have her own name instead of being named after me. I recalled my dad saying "why are you naming her Rebecca? what's wrong with Michelle?" and I guess it stuck with me and I mentioned it to DH and he really liked it. I was still on the fence but because Chris wanted it, that's what it was.

We both just liked Nathan, and his middle name is Christopher after my DH.

for this baby I picked the girl first name and boy middle name and DH picked the girl middle name and the boy first name. fair compromise! (of course nothing is set in stone for this little one yet)

September 4th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I named DS. First name was a name I had loved since high school and it grew on DH. Middle name is a family name on both sides.
I'm already trying to name future kids. I think I just spend time thinking about this stuff while DH never had lists of baby names he's loved since grade school he basically picks off my list what he likes and doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

September 4th, 2012, 11:49 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
I picked Sariah because of Sarai, which is princess, or princess of the Lord. It was the only name SO and I agreed on. He came up with Emerie to honor his little sister who was a stillborn. I loved it and decided to use it in her name. Aurelie is French for golden and I've always had it on mental list of names. after chatting with a girl who had that name, it only confirmed my want for it. So I talked with SO and even though he was a bit hesitant, he eventually came to love it. We weren't keen on Riah having a long name, but it's kind of how our family names go, so I guess we decided to be good kids and honor the tradition So in that sense, she's our golden princess

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
September 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I named both of my kids. Lucinda was my grandmother's middle name & I had planned to use it with the nm Lucy since I was 15. Her middle name Elizabeth was suggest by my mom's bff Elizabeth. I didn't use it because of her but it sounded so right together.

Noah was a name that just came to me - it just felt right & the only 1 that dh like. We used my dad's name David as the middle name. 1 because my dad is the end of the line & 2 because dd had a family name so we wanted ds to have 1 too.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
September 7th, 2012, 10:52 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I picked my girls' names, my DH agreed on them. Their names incorporate family names in some way, in both their first and middle names. For example, we used the -lee ending on my oldest DD's name because my sister and my FIL both have the middle name Lee. My youngest DD's name is Isabel, and my grandma's middle name is Bell.
September 8th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Me, both times.

Gaby's name grew on me (it was the only name her father agreed to) - but now I love it and can't imagine her being anything else (though I wish I had named her what I wanted to, considering he can barely call himself a father).

Emersyn I knew from about 2 years before I even got pregnant, that her name would be Emersyn If I wasn't so OCD about names she'd have been Emersyn Grace, but I neeeeeeeded two middle names, and Grace didn't work with the other contenders. But i do love Emersyn Lily-May

September 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Andrew: His adoption was done when he was nine years old and he wanted to change his first name too. So we picked Andrew. He wanted Andrew Michael but I refused because I never thought in a million years that the name change would take. Who knew? I chnaged it because his birth family had given him a family middle name. His orinonal name was Derek Lee Hellmand*llar Which i thought was darling with my last name.

Tyler: again his birthfamily gave him a family middle name for I changed it from his Biofather's name to my Grand father's name From Tyler Preston to Tyler James. I thought about calling him TJ butbiut never happened.

Quinn: I was so sure she was a bot and I was naming her Nathan William I told her dad he could name her if it were a gir. I was always going to name my daughter Brett-Ashley. But he hated it, however Quinn had all the elements I liked about Brett. He liked Quinn Renee but since it was so close I suggested Toney (Rhymnes with Renee) Since it is a family name. Unbenosed to each other my mom and baby's dad both liked the same name. I think my mom suggested it for my cousins baby a few years before.

Scarlett: We picked Scarlett Elizabeth and then when she was born my MIL (a red head) said she was going to have red hair and I believed her and got cold feet and we named her Elizabeth Quinn instead and just ended up calling her Scarlett any ways.

Beau: I realized when pregnant my DH would not be happy unless he was named Bla Bla Bla the Third and that was the biggest expression of love I ever gave him. We pikced Beau as his nick name because there are no good nick names for Wayne.

Tessa: We fought tooth and nail over. Then when she was born he said I could name her Zinnia if I wanted to... but I knew that he hated that name and vomited a little in his mouth every time he said it. I miss understood and thought he meant I could name her one of the ten or so names we had on our short list we both agreed on. So I looked at her and named her Audrey Nicole. Epic fail I wanted him to agree but he refused to over the phone. We were stalemated until right as I was leaving the hospital and caved and her Name is Tessa Elizabeth Rose.

Baby: We agree on Emerson and Cade more than Likely Emerson Cade called Cade. We do not agree on girl names. I am liking Dara but this time if we don't agree I'll fill out baby's name in the wee hours of the morning when DH is at home.
September 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Super Mommy
Dh and I picked Michaela together bc it was the only one in the name book we both said yes to. I chose her mn. Originally we were trying to pick an A middle name because ours starts with A but when we settled for Michaela and DH is Matt I thought and E middle name would be much better(my name is Erin) and my grandmother's mn was Elaine so that decision was made seconds after I decided to choose an E name.

September 16th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Veteran
Our first, I asked if he would want to name him Israel II and he said yes so that was easy. From two months before until i found out I was pregnant with my second, I had 7 dreams that I had a girl and named her Sofia Isabella. So we named her that but added on my middle name Marie. With my third, we both loved Malachi so that was set but we weren't sure what his middle name would be. We had 3 names we agreed on Cuauhtemoc, Ezekiel and Nathaniel. My favorite was Cuauhtemoc, his was Nathaniel so we went for the middle so he is Malachi Ezekiel. For our fourth, we had Gabriella picked out until we found out she was a girl and it didn't feel right. We decided on Lily but couldn't think of a middle name. We liked Abigail but weren't sure. I was looking through a birth announcement brochure and seen Lily Abigail so that sealed it lol.
September 17th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Early on, I was pretty sure I wanted Beatrice or Beatrix. I leaned more towards Beatrice, and DH preferred Beatrix. He wanted to use a Bella name, I did not. So, first two were wins for DH, and Rose is my grandmother's name and my daughters' second middle name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search