What do you think...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2006, 12:48 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best friend and his sister have this issue. Growing up, they were both called by their MN's (not by choice, mind you). My friend decided he was not going to be called his MN anymore, and everyone knows him by his 1st name. Well, his family refuses to call him by his 1st name. It's all confusing... His sister has 2 kids, and the daughter goes by HER MN as well, but has started expressing a preference toward her 1st name. It could be confusing and even annoying for a kid, I think.

I'm of the mindset that if you want the kid to go by their MN, just make it their 1st name!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
July 23rd, 2006, 01:04 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Quote:
...about calling your child by their middle name?

See we have chosen Grace, and it fits much better as a middle name, so I was thinking about calling her Grace, but that not being her first name..

Do you think thats confusing for her? or...[/b]

Well, seeing as I have a father that only uses his middle name, I can see why you would want to do this. But, with my dad, it's like he has no first name at all. His real name is Warren Paul, but everyone calls him Paul. I don't even think people know they're calling him by his middle name. You know? It just kind of "disappeared" after several years. Mail comes addressed to him as Paul. "Official" mail or documents all say "W. Paul" I think you could save a whole lot of confusion by just using Grace as a first name.

July 23rd, 2006, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i'd never call my kid b their middle name.. it just doesn't seem right.. to me, if you're going to call her Grace, why not just name her Grace? kwim? .. but it's YOUR child and it's YOUR choice! good luck
July 23rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
Veteran
I think it's your choice. My sister's name is Ashton Brady and we call her Brady,and just about everybody in my family goes by their middle name too. I think that it's totally up to you, but i personally like it when kid's go by their middle name.

<div align="center">

</div>
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
July 24th, 2006, 04:55 AM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
I dont see a huge problem with it but I personally wouldnt chose to call my child by their middle name because of the confusion they might encounter once they get in school, but than again its all your decision!! I dont think it should be a big deal and do what yOu want, not what other people tell you because she will always be yOuRs and not anyone else's.. (yeah I hope the made sense, I just woke up and not thinking clear yet, haha)
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
July 24th, 2006, 05:45 AM
** Mandy **
I think it is fine. I have a cousin who has always gone by her middle name and I don't think it has been a problem.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search