Not using the same first letter again?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By P*to*the*ORTIA

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2012, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have two kids, Nathaniel and Norah. Norah's name was originally going to be Lucia but we changed out mind about halfway through the pregnancy to name her Norah after her grandfather Norman. We didn't even realize that her and her brother had the same letter at the beginning of their names until that Christmas when we were getting letters to hang with their stockings lol

Well, I'm pregnant with our third and I'm unsure what to do. We like the name Nicholas Clay for a boy (which would keep the accidental naming scheme) but I don't like many N girl names. If we didn't name the third kid an N name, do you think they would feel left out? There's also the fact that Nathaniel and Norah were both born on the 24th day of their months (May and October) and this baby has a good chance of not being born on the 24th.

What do you think?

November 1st, 2012, 05:44 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hm that's a tough one. I don't repeat letters for that reason. for me though I find it less weird if you have two the same gender with the same initial and then have the opposite gender with a different initial. but you've got one of each with the same so I don't know!

is this for absolute certain your last baby?

some girl N names:

Nadia
Naomi
Nina
Noelle
Nola

or you could use Penelope and call her Nellie.

November 1st, 2012, 08:00 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
No you don't have to repeat the N theme, if you like an N name go for it... But if not use something that you love. They won't feel left out! Maybe use one of your family members initials if you are worried? Then they will share with someone if they ever think to ask.

November 1st, 2012, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, either way they will be named after my mom and stepmom Niki/Nikki. If it's a boy his name will be Nicholas to honor them, if it's a girl, they would have the middle name Nikki. I COULD use the name Nikki as a first name and call them by their middle name, but I really would rather not.

November 1st, 2012, 08:51 AM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjl View Post
hm that's a tough one. I don't repeat letters for that reason. for me though I find it less weird if you have two the same gender with the same initial and then have the opposite gender with a different initial. but you've got one of each with the same so I don't know!
I'm of the same thought process.

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
November 2nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
There is always going to be something different about one of them - this one is the first child, this is the baby, this is the girl, etc. Find a name you like and that will suit them and it'll work itself out.
LessthanThree and summithorse like this.
November 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My brother and I both have names that start with A. None of my other siblings have matching letters. I don't think it matters at all, but that's just my opinion.
LessthanThree likes this.

November 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
I have a friend who has 3 boys. The first and second start with a C so everyone thought they would go for another C name. Nope the third starts with a L. It doesn't matter, just pick a name that you both love!
LessthanThree likes this.

November 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH and his sister both have names that start with C, but their brother's name starts with W. No one has ever noticed or said anything.

In my family, all 3 of my brothers have names that start with T, but mine and my sister's names start with C and R. Again, no one notices.

I really don't think it matters.

November 2nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Veteran
It doesn't matter at all. It's just a coincidence. But you already started it. Why not continue naming your third baby with letter N again? That's totally cool!
November 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
carissaluis's Avatar Veteran
Nicholas Clay sounds perfect though Goodluck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search