Frustrating!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband truly HATES naming our children. To him it's just this long drawn-out horrible process. Makes me want to strangle him at times. Naming the children is an important part of having said children ya know! Can't wait till we find out the gender, then he has to talk names. A girl will be much easier. We've discussed the name Charlotte with each of our kids. I love the name, he likes the name, and there's a lot of family significance, including daddy's name being Charlie. I think we may regret it if we never use it. I love Charlotte Ann but Charlotte Lorraine would honor husband's paternal grandparent's and give a girl the same initials as daddy. Charlotte Lorraine is the combo we've discussed with each of our pregnancies. It really bugs me that he looks at naming our children as just a torturous process he has to endure.
December 11th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Krysie's Avatar Regular
I know what you mean. this is our first child, a boy and i am expecting more excitment and involvement in the naming process. every name i suggest he says its ok and he likes it. when i say lets get serious he says hes confident ill choos ethe right name. so i choose four names they are in my signiture below and i wouldnt mind if you could click on the picture and vote for your favorite name. i found it on this site in the peconception and pregnancy tools just incase you wanna give it a go.

December 11th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Sorry DH isn't into naming... Hopefully when you find out the gender he will be more helpful

Charlotte Lorraine is a beautiful name

December 11th, 2012, 01:08 PM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
I really like Charlotte paired with Lorraine!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
December 12th, 2012, 12:00 AM
My hubby is not much help either, if it makes you feel any better! lol. He pretty much just likes to throw out ridiculous names & have a laugh, ugh! While I go over lists & lists!! I'd like him to just throw out a few names at least!
December 12th, 2012, 06:11 PM
April 13th 2014 :)
My husband and I are not pregnant yet, but are thinking of trying very soon. But I've had obession with names since we got engaged. He isn't into naming either, but then again, maybe he will once we are actually pregnant.

But from suggestions I've seen, maybe come up with three or four baby boy names that you LOVE and ask him which is his favorite. Get's him involved even though he isn't searching in baby name books.
December 12th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Charlotte Lorraine is beautiful
December 20th, 2012, 02:40 AM
AndieP's Avatar Regular
I like Charlotte Ann as I like the contrast between long and short for first and middle names. But I think Charlotte Lorraine sounds beautiful and rolls nicely off the tongue.
December 20th, 2012, 08:09 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Charlotte Lorraine has a beautiful flow!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 20th, 2012, 12:06 PM
My hubby too...He turns down EVERYTHING or rhymes it with something or turns it into "sounds like...". I love the naming of babes but he is so particular yet usually has no names to offer as ones he likes. It's me throwing out a bazillion names for him to agree to one.
December 20th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really like Charlotte Lorraine. It's pretty and elegant sounding, but still has cute nickname options, like Charlee/Sharlee or Lottie.

January 2nd, 2013, 08:10 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love that name. If this baby is a girl, the middle name will be Lorrain for sure; it's my middle name. I really like Charlotte, but I don't think dh will go for it. He's a pill when it comes to naming babies too.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
January 2nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
My DH wasn't very helpful with naming any of our kids either. He wanted to wait til the last possible moment if he could. I like Lorraine paired with Charlotte though.
January 2nd, 2013, 07:27 PM
Veteran
My husband can come up with every way imaginable that a name can be made fun of - he's nixed most names because of that, especially boy names. We pretty quickly were down to short lists for both boys and girls - he just didn't like most names I did!

Thank you Tasha Mae for my fantastic siggy!

We're due Jan 31st!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search