Names for a Boy - Jaiden

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Hi Everyone. I think I am having a boy and I am trying to come up with some "cool" names. I like the name Jaiden for a boy, but someone told me that that is the feminine version of the spelling. They said it had to be Jaden. Any opinions? Also, I am stuck about what to do for the middle name. I was thinking about Cooper, but I am worried that it is too common now. Any other "trendy" ideas? Lastly, just in case, we would like to have a girls name ready as well. I like Madison, but since it is so popular now, we were thinking about changing to Addison. Thoughts on this?
July 26th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Veteran
I dont really like the name

<div align="center">

</div>
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
July 26th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
I like both of those names.

xxx

July 26th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
personally I think the name Jaiden in any form is kinda feminine but some people like it for boys. I don't really think the name Cooper is that popular, and if you are using it for a middle name I don't think popularity really comes into play that much, unless you just want to be different.

But if you like the names use them, its really not important what other people think. Personally I like Cooper but I just don't like Jaiden for a boy that much.

July 26th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Hi Everyone. I think I am having a boy and I am trying to come up with some "cool" names. I like the name Jaiden for a boy, but someone told me that that is the feminine version of the spelling. They said it had to be Jaden. Any opinions? Also, I am stuck about what to do for the middle name. I was thinking about Cooper, but I am worried that it is too common now. Any other "trendy" ideas? Lastly, just in case, we would like to have a girls name ready as well. I like Madison, but since it is so popular now, we were thinking about changing to Addison. Thoughts on this?[/b]

Oh how funny. I never thought of Cooper rhyming with anything, but now I see your point. I might need to rethink this whole thing. No one commented on the Madison/Addison names....
July 26th, 2006, 02:18 PM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
I don't like Madison or Addison. They are just nms. I like Jaden on a boy or a girl. For a boy I like it spelled Jaden or Jayden, for a girl I would like it Jaedyn.
July 26th, 2006, 02:24 PM
TheBoyMaker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the name Jaden for a boy....its my sons name. Jaden originally started off as an all boy name and then people started using it for girls. Which now I think there is as many girls as there are boys named Jaden. I dont see it as feminine at all I see it more as a masculine name and when I picture a girl named Jaden I picture someone sporty or athletic...maybe tomboyish.
But I would use Jaden or Jayden for a boy as that looks the best way to me.
Some middle names could be Scott, Tyler, Christian, Nicholas, Christopher, Markus/Marcus, Seth, Robert, James, Riley, Lee, Lukas
As for Madison or Addison.....I like them both!

J-Bird 🐦December 16, 2001
Monkey🐒 September 10, 2006
Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
Turtle 🐢December 26, 2013

July 26th, 2006, 02:39 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Jaiden, and its my prefered spelling for a boy. Jayden and Jaden are also cute. For a girl I would still probably use Jaiden, maybe Jaidyn or Jaedyn... but I don't think the name is feminine or masculine, its just kinda there. I know 1 little girl with this name and 2 little boys with this name. Jaiden Cooper is cute too, though I personally wouldn't use Cooper. How about Jaiden Elliott, Jaiden Maddox, Jaiden Reid or Jaiden Parker?

Maddison is really used right now, used to be one of my favorite names... but I've grown to not like it so much. Addison is also becoming pretty popular, and it is my daughter's middle name (but spelled Addisyn). I prefer Addison over Maddison, but both are getting popular. Other girl names that I think are cute are: Kennedy, Mattea, Ella, Cruze (LOVE THIS), Ireland, Meredith, Grier, Monroe, Amelia, Ava, Landen and Haiden.

Good Luck!
July 26th, 2006, 03:06 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey there and welcome!! I hope you like it here and congrats on your pregnancy!

Jaiden was a male name before it was a female name, so if you like the name I don't think its a big deal about how you spell it
I like Cooper for a boy, its on my list!
Also, I like Addison better than Madison, not as popular.

Good luck choosing!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

July 26th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Super Mommy
Jayden is unisex these days. For me it sounds more like a girl's name but it definitely works for both boy and girl.

I'd definitely spell it Jayden for a boy.

Cooper isn't a mega-popular name so I wouldn't worry about using that one. Anything ending in the -ayden sound is WAY more popular.

I loved the name Madison for such a long time and now am loving the name Addison. Either one would be a good choice, you might want to do Addison if you are wanting to choose the less popular name.

Good luck!!
July 26th, 2006, 07:17 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Even though Jaiden is said to be unisex now, other than here on JM all the Jaidens I know are boys. So I think boy when I hear it. I would only think of it as feminine if I first saw it spelled rather than spoken and it ended in "dyn", that looks feminine to me, or obviously if it's follwed by Anne or some other girls name I also know a little boy named Jaelen, similar name but less common, if you aren't decided yet.

Addison sounds like a boys name to me. I think Madison is more definitely feminine. Jaiden Cooper is nice for a boy

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
July 26th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i think Jaiden [in any spelling] is a girl name

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search