Log In Sign Up

Due in two weeks...could use some suggestions


Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Anya*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
March 24th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,505
My baby is due in less than two weeks, and don't really have our names narrowed down. We are team green. My girls are Delia and Aven. We like girl names that are unique and not in the top 1000. I haven't found many unique boy names that I really like, but I also don't want a super popular boy name. Oh, our last name is one syllable and starts with an "S", so no names that end with /s/.


Girls (middle name would probably be Emma or something with "Emma' in it)

Tallulah (Tula)
Matilda
Hazel (I really like this but didn't realize how popular it's becoming)
Juliet
Daphne
Elodie



Boys (middle name will be Joseph)

Simon
Sullivan
Solomon
Cormac
Conrad
Winston
Malcolm

I'm open to suggestions!!
__________________
~ Rina
Thanks to JMC1988 for my wonderful siggy

Reply With Quote
  #2  
March 25th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 141
I've always loved the name Simon for a boy. And it doesn't seem to be popular right now.

For a girl suggestion...Damaris? I believe it means "gentle".
Reply With Quote
  #3  
March 25th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Aillidh's Avatar Nr laga Dia do lmh!
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Somewhere in NY
Posts: 7,579
I LOVE Sullivan and Solomon. Hazel, Juliet and Daphne are beautiful.
__________________
Nana, 24
TTC#1 Red Sox Fan
Mama to Pit bulls (Z&M)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
March 26th, 2013, 06:00 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,789
My grandmother's name was Matilda and I love it. If we had two girls (because the first was always going to be Ingrid) then Matilda would have been a top contender for #2. I like that is can be Mattie, Tilda, or Tillie for short. I also love Juliet and Daphne.

Simon was on my short list for boy names. Malcolm is nice too- strong and classic. The rest are all to last name-y for me.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #5  
March 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay Area. CA
Posts: 11,030
I LOVE Elodie haha
For boys the names I love but husband vetoed are Sebastian and Theodore. Good luck!
rverrone11 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
March 26th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Baby Names Host
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 9,620
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I love almost all the names on your list!

My favorites:
Tallulah (Tula)
Matilda
Hazel
Daphne
Elodie

Simon
Sullivan
Cormac
Malcolm

How about:

Louise/Louisa
Wren
Shani
Shea
Vita
Mischa
Freya
Frida
Evadne

Boys-
Niall
Simeon
Frederick
Broderick
Truman
Coleman
Callum
Lachlan
Duncan
Oren/Orrin
Odin
__________________
Carly and Phil, proud parents of:
Alaina Rhoslyn {2.15.07}, Natalia Lorraine and Georgia Carol {7.31.08}, Penelope Julia {8.25.10} and
our newest addition Benjamin Philip {8.06.11}




Reply With Quote
  #7  
March 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBean View Post
My grandmother's name was Matilda and I love it. If we had two girls (because the first was always going to be Ingrid) then Matilda would have been a top contender for #2. I like that is can be Mattie, Tilda, or Tillie for short. I also love Juliet and Daphne.

Simon was on my short list for boy names. Malcolm is nice too- strong and classic. The rest are all to last name-y for me.
Simon has been on our list since DD1 was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aillidh View Post
I LOVE Sullivan and Solomon. Hazel, Juliet and Daphne are beautiful.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genipher View Post
I've always loved the name Simon for a boy. And it doesn't seem to be popular right now.

For a girl suggestion...Damaris? I believe it means "gentle".
I like Damaris, but it ends with an "s" so we can't use it as our last name starts with an "S".

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I LOVE Elodie haha
For boys the names I love but husband vetoed are Sebastian and Theodore. Good luck!
I love Elodie as well, but DH is just "meh" about it.

Sebastian was on my list but DH vetoed it as well...I think because of some movie. I actually have a bib at home with "Sebastian" embroidered on it because my brother's German teacher wanted him to name his son Sebastian.

My brother's name is Todd, and for some reason my step-dad would sometimes call him Theodore. I actually like all the Chipmunks names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlyheartsphil View Post
I love almost all the names on your list!

My favorites:
Tallulah (Tula)
Matilda
Hazel
Daphne
Elodie

Simon
Sullivan
Cormac
Malcolm

How about:

Louise/Louisa
Wren
Shani
Shea
Vita
Mischa
Freya
Frida
Evadne

Boys-
Niall
Simeon
Frederick
Broderick
Truman
Coleman
Callum
Lachlan
Duncan
Oren/Orrin
Odin
I love Mischa and Wren for girls and Callum and Duncan for boys. Oren was on my list, but I think it may be too close to Aven.
__________________
~ Rina
Thanks to JMC1988 for my wonderful siggy

Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0