Naming with Gender Disappointment?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I've been looking nightly for cute boy stuff, but have come up empty so far. I will definitely keep doing that and looking. I'm not sure what I can do that's fun and indulgent... I'm certainly open to suggestions.

I'm only stressed about the name right now because I've already started dilating and my OB tells me not to expect to go full-term, so I'm worried I only have a few weeks left. And if I don't have a name list after 32 weeks.. how will I find *the one* in just a few? I do realize though I don't have to name him at the hospital or really at any specific point in time. I may just not be able to.
June 14th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
My idea would be to let someone who is happy about the baby name him if you don't want to. Such as the father? Or ever a grandmother, aunt or uncle. Maybe not totally ideal but its much better than having no name at all. Good luck!

June 24th, 2013, 08:54 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
youll come up with a name I promise he won't be nameless forever.

With your girls' names I like

Charles (Charlie)
Jacobi
Bentley
Blake
George
Everette
Ace
Blu
Kyler
Alexander
Elias/Silas
Lincoln
Hunter
Felix
Phoenix
Dalton
Patrick
Campbell
Kemper

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 24th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Carrie
I am like you and do not care for "trending" or over-popular baby names at all. Plus, I am picky. Like stated, I dont want to pick a name that has to grow on me. DH was named after his father who was named after his father. So, naturally, DH wants to name a son after himself. I hate the idea because I am not fond of his first or middle name since to me they are "outdated." I also dont enjoy the idea of naming a child after the mother/father. I think I just look at that saying "why is that child special enough to be named after one of the parents, but the rest arent?" I do like the idea of naming after grandparents since each child can be named after a different one.

DH and I are still TTC, but we have started putting together a list because I fear I will have a hard time deciding as well. We have already found some names we both love.

I am not sure what style of name might fit you and your family best, but maybe some classic but less popular names might start the brain up and give you some ideas. It is easy for us all to say "dont sweat it," but I can actually see why you are. How old are your daughters? Maybe they have some ideas that could help too!

Best of luck to you all though. Here is a list of names I thought might get the ideas flowing:

Max
Leo
Gordon
Theo
Oliver
Nolan
Niles
Holden
Duke
Foster
Calvin

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

July 9th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Veteran
So Cordelia means of the sea, Gretchen pearl, and judging by your name, that could have a special meaning. What about a water related boy name. I think a not so obvious theme is really special.

Harbor
Ronan (little seal)
Brooks
Calder (stream)
Lachlan ( land of lakes)
Lincoln(town by lake)
Seaton
Morgan
Marlow
Adrian

Also the following sound good with your others
Tate
Donovan
Harvey
Momtothe6thpower likes this.
July 10th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I adore the boy name Breckan!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 10th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love katie27's idea about following the 'sea' theme.

Cordelia, Gretchen and Ronan are a perfect fit. All from the sea and all carry the 'r' sound.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search