Kim and Kanye's little girl...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By Seeking Baby Thornburg
  • 1 Post By wifeywright

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Alright ladies, let's hear your thoughts on little miss North West!

June 24th, 2013, 05:24 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I'm all for original names and I believe it's their child and they can name her what they want. However with that being said.. really?! This poor child has to go to school, fill out college applications and have a name like North West? Did they not think of the future for their child?? I do like the name Nori though! Why couldn't they just use Nori West?!

June 24th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with PP. I think the nickname they're using, Nori, is 1,000 times cuter than North. Nori West or Nora West would have been so much better. I feel bad for her.
mom2K&G likes this.

June 24th, 2013, 11:14 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
They clearly were not thinking of the child at all when they selected that name. One more thing to make about "them" and not the poor kiddo who has to go through life with the same name as a direction and an airline.

While Nori is pretty cute, I see the whole thing as an attention seeking ploy. Drives me bonkers.
June 24th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nori is cute! However, even if her last name wasn't West, I don't like North for a girl.

I hope that she grows up and goes by Kardashian in spite of her father since apparently he was insistent on naming her North.
June 24th, 2013, 11:56 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Nori is cute, North West is ridiculous.

June 24th, 2013, 01:02 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
can you imagine filing out a job application? most employers would probably think it's a joke (not that she will probably ever have to work, but aside from that) or any kind of paperwork...poor kid

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 24th, 2013, 02:06 PM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read that they picked North because nothing is North of North - as in she's the pinnacle, the highest, and that they see her as their "North Star," which, in that perspective, is actually really sweet. That being said, I think the name is WAY too much with the last name of West. I was expecting something ridiculous - just not this out there. I was kinda hoping for a K name, and was interested in what unique K name they could produce, because I don't like very many K names. I was thinking something like Kleopatra "Kleo" which I think would have been totally them.
June 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Nori is cute...North West
TTC#1 Red Sox Fan
Mama to Pit bulls (Z&M)
June 25th, 2013, 07:23 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Totally agree with all of you. I think Nori is an adorable nick name but North West. . . really?
mom2K&G likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 25th, 2013, 12:24 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineOctober View Post
I read that they picked North because nothing is North of North - as in she's the pinnacle, the highest, and that they see her as their "North Star," which, in that perspective, is actually really sweet..
Ah, I suppose they wanted to start the entitlement complex with the moment she was named!

(The North Star part wasn't so bad...just the other parts!)
June 25th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Carrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
They clearly were not thinking of the child at all when they selected that name. One more thing to make about "them" and not the poor kiddo who has to go through life with the same name as a direction and an airline.

While Nori is pretty cute, I see the whole thing as an attention seeking ploy. Drives me bonkers.
I feel the exact same way. It was about publicity and not about wanting the best for their child. It angers me in a way that DH and I are sitting here childless, but all over the world there are people with children who have them for the wrong reasons.

I think their reason for the name would only make sense if they never plan on having children again. How do you name one child North because they are the pinnacle of your world and then explain that to subsequent children?

I mean, is Kanye going to interrupt his next child someday and be like, "Yo, I'm going to let you finish being my child, but I just have to say North is the best child of all time..."
fmlbulridr018 likes this.

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

June 25th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking Baby Thornburg View Post

I mean, is Kanye going to interrupt his next child someday and be like, "Yo, I'm going to let you finish being my child, but I just have to say North is the best child of all time..."

^hahahahaha
fmlbulridr018 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search