Should sibsets match??

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2006, 09:11 AM
LaceyJMC's Avatar Veteran
I was just wondering how important it is to everyone on how well their children's names go together? Would you ever pair a classic name like Margaret with a trendy name like Kaden? I would never do this. I think the reason is partially due to the fact that I extremely dislike trendy names and most of the names I like are classic. The only trendy name I really like is Delaney and I don't think I would ever use it because it doesn't go with my other favorites.

My favorites:

Girls:
Amelia
Lydia
Margaret
Claire
Charlotte
Elena

Boys:
Maxwell
Bennett
Owen
Oliver
Gabriel
Elijah
-expecting miracle #3!!!
July 31st, 2006, 11:21 AM
MamaBx3
Yes, IMO it's important that they match .
I mean , meeting siblings named (Keziah and Edgar) would just be weird . KWIM ??

I think your faves flow well together . I don't think that Delaney would be too out of place .
July 31st, 2006, 12:46 PM
Regular
I think sibs need to be the same.. "type" kind of thing. Like Britanie said.
I think Delaney goes with most of that list, though!!
July 31st, 2006, 12:59 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think they need to match.

July 31st, 2006, 01:10 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
I personally don't think they have to match at all. Everyone has their own style and their style could certainly change over the years. I don't think you should be limited to certain kinds of names just so sibling names sound good together.[/b]
DITTO!

From you list, I like
Claire & Owen
July 31st, 2006, 03:50 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think they need to "match" but its kinda important to me that the names flow well together. I agree that people's naming styles can change over the years... shoot, mine change weekly LOL
July 31st, 2006, 10:02 PM
chlodoll
i dont think they need to go together. i always find it funny when someones kids have names that all start the same. my old friend and her sisters were Elkie, Ellen and Emily. I also knew a family with Matt, Mike, Misty, Monica lol I think there was one more in there but I cant recall.
July 31st, 2006, 10:17 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
I would probably stick with the same style when naming my children and the names I like from your list are:

Claire

Owen
Gabriel
Elijah
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
August 1st, 2006, 01:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
they should flow well together, but they don't need to exactly MATCH...
August 1st, 2006, 05:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't like it when sib names are matchy-poo, but I think it's important that there is some consistancy in their style...like if I met a little Nevaeh with a sister named Margaret, I would think that was rather odd I love all your choices BTW, my favorites are Amelia and Gabriel
August 1st, 2006, 06:00 AM
** Mandy **
I think they should go well together but I'm not into naming them all names starting with the same letter or names that sound alike.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search