Thoughts?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Veteran
My dads rooting for Brian if this baby is a boy. It's his name, so I kind of figure it's nice to have a new name in the fam. On the other hand it would make him sooo unbelievably happy. Wdyt of naming baby after dad? Wdyt of Brian? Also, it will definitely be babies middle name, if not first, so I'm only asking about the first place spot. For a girl we are thinking Charlotte. Charlotte and Brian?
July 29th, 2013, 05:46 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Hmmm... Charlotte and Brian don't seem to "ring" together as a more classic name could. I though of Bryson (but it means son of Brian, maybe could be stretched to grandson of Brian) or Bryony (for a girl).

You could also move away from Brian altogether, being that it's your baby and if you both find a name you love, you should use it without letter grandparent peer pressure taint your choice. GL!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 29th, 2013, 05:52 PM
I think Brian is a fine name, but I wouldn't let pressure from anyone (even your well-meaning father) be the primary influence in your child's name. I'd assume that he'd be more than honored to share his name with your child as a middle name. Besides, cute little baby faces have a way with winning over anyone.
July 29th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
If you aren't sure I would use it as a middle name.
Love the girl name.
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
July 30th, 2013, 07:10 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies - if you love it then I think it is a nice name but don't do it just to please the grandparents. Needs to be a name you love too It is nice as a middle name as well. Charlotte and Brian dont sound like a great sibset to me but it is ok - again if you love it then it is perfect

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 30th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Brian is a great name. It's not super popular anymore. I think Charlotte & Brian sound good together. Remember that 99% of their life they will NOT be a sibset. They will be individuals.

I used my dad's name for my son's middle name. It kept the big Dave, little Dave thing from happening plus I just didn't want to use David as the 1st name.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
July 30th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Veteran
Thanks everyone! Definitely a lot of things to consider

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search