This or that

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Veteran
Getting soo excited for the little one! Struggling with names.

Cora Beatrice or Charlotte "Charlie" Beatrice

Henry Brian or Gabriel Brian?

Other names we like; Josephine "Josie", Emma Katerine "Emma-Kate", Desmond, Malcolm, Everett, Finn.

Last name sounds like "Noise". Other suggestions? One other thing...I am Katie, hubby is Corey. Is Katie, Corey, Cora kind of ridiculous? Or one of those things people will rarely notice?

"An angel in the book of life wrote down my my baby's birth, then whispered as she shut the book, he's too beautiful for earth."

Gabriel Joseph 10/11/13
September 7th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think people will notice Corey and Cora. Which isn't bad but I think it might get confusing. Like if your at the other end of the house and you yell for Corey, Cora may think your calling her. I would go with Charlotte Beatrice.
Just a thought, but I really love Beatrice Cora!!

Henry Brian! I also like Everett Brian.

You have a great list!
September 9th, 2013, 09:47 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the PP - I think it is fine but it could get a little confusing. I love those names!!! I think Charlotte Beatrice and Henry Brian are my faves. I also LOVE Everett and Finn

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

September 9th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Super Mommy
My girl name was Coralie so I'm very partial to Cora, although I have to agree that Cora/Corey can be confusing.
September 10th, 2013, 07:05 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I like Charlotte and Henry.
September 11th, 2013, 07:30 AM
LvMyLaxKid's Avatar Super Mommy
I LOVE Cora (it's my Grandma's name), but I do think it's a little too close to Cory. It might get a little confusing. Which is funny, because my Aunt named her son Cory, to honor my Grandma.

I'm not sure how important popularity is to you, but Charlotte is getting more and more popular. And there is a Disney show called "Good Luck Charlie" and the little girl's real name is Charlotte. So, that may make it even MORE popular. Same goes for Emma, it's extremely common and popular now days. But, if it doesn't bother you, go for it.

What about these combos:

Charlotte Cora (both Cs, but have different sounds, so they work)
Josephine Cora (love Josie!)
Beatrice Cora (I think Bea would make a cute nn)

For a boy, I like Gabriel Brian from your choices. But, I really love Finn & Everett!! Henry is pretty popular now too, if that makes any difference.

Nothing wrong with common names, I just tend to sway towards names that are unique and refreshing.

Proud Mom of an only child- Parker Joseph- 2-21-2005
September 11th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Veteran
I know! I am really sad they are so common. My husband is obsessed with Charlotte. Charlotte Cora was the fave from the beginning, but we got a little worried that down the line if we used Charlotte, we'd want Cora for the next girl and it would be sitting there in the middle spot. I was hoping the Emma-Kate double name made it a little more unique. I just want a really classy girl name with a spunky middle name. Bea is something to think about. Thanks for your comments!

"An angel in the book of life wrote down my my baby's birth, then whispered as she shut the book, he's too beautiful for earth."

Gabriel Joseph 10/11/13
September 11th, 2013, 07:04 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I *might* be excessively partial to Josephine

I do really like Charlotte and I am in love with Gabriel. I have tried twice to put that on our list for a baby boy and both times DH shot it down. But I plan to try again

I am seeing an increase in Cora lately, so I don't know it's less common than some of the others. I can
list four baby Cora's and two Charlottes (one of whom goes by something else entirely). But I think it's a regional thing. My sons name is pretty popular according to the SSA, but we don't know more than 2-3 others, much like most names with average popularity.

I do think Cora is a little close to Corey. I do think it would be awesome as a middle though, since it is a great namesake for him in girly form!

« Ryder? | Baby Names | Remy »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search