Are you naming you kids after anyone?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Regular
We did the middle names sort of...but not directly. Everyone in my family from my great-great grandfather down has a middle name that starts with "L". We combined my 2 brother's middle names (Larson and Lawrence) and made Avery's middle name Lawson. We're doing the same for our daughter. We combined my 2 sisters middle names (Lacey and Lynn) and her middle name will be Lacelyn. My siblings are very important to me and we just thought it was a fun way to honor them but still let them have their own names.

November 28th, 2013, 07:32 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
We have a son and due with a second little boy. Our boy names aren't after any family members (my ds is Francis and I got the name because I like Frank Sinatra lol). If I ever have a daughter, she will be named of my grandmother. I was very close to my grandma, she passed away when I was 9 and I love her name, I really want my daughter to have her name.
November 29th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first is named after my grandmothers. Aili Anna Lisa lastname (their culture had 2 middle names) was my mother's mother and DD is Annelise. My other grandmother was Jean and that's DD's middle name. It's also a super common middle name here. They have both passed away.

Emmeline is a feminie version of Emil which is my brother and grandfather's name. MN is Margaret which was a known female ruler in history. My dad was really into women of power so it was a tribute to him also. He passed away years ago.

Vivienne is twin to Emmeline and I have a V name. Her middle name Charlotte is a female version of Charles, which was my father's middle name.

I was named my middle name after my great grandmother, the V name.

If DH and I have another girl one of her names will be his mother's name. She passed away from cancer.

We haven't found any male family names to pass on, although DH wants to. It seems like they're all Anthony or Joseph which we're not in love with.
November 30th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Veteran
Yes, in a way. I used my great Grandma's and DH's Grandma's first and middle names to make out girls names.

Adielli(pronounced ad-e-lee) Rhea
Arya Lei
Hadley Rhea
I pretty much just used only the letters from both names to come up with girl names.

Still undecided on a boys name, I know we want Ryder as a middle but can't agree on first name.
December 1st, 2013, 03:12 PM
DecemberBelle's Avatar Audrey Jo's Mama
I gave my daughter my middle name, so she's Audrey Jo. I'm expecting now... I may name a girl Erin Kimberly (Kimberly after my mom) or Caleb Scott (Scott is my husband's name).
December 2nd, 2013, 06:43 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son will have the middle name Thomas after my stepfather who passed away five years ago. He loved my babies and I know he would have loved this one too.
I don't think it takes away individuality to name a child after someone. I think it adds connections to people that love them or would have loved them dearly.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
December 2nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my sons are named after my husband. my DH is Christopher James, our boys are Nathan Christopher and Thomas James.

Thomas is a family name on my side, although no living relatives have that name anymore.

Nathan is a name we liked.

our daughter is not named after anyone but her name is special to me because I picked the name Rebecca for my future daughter when I was just 8 years old. her middle name is Michelle, which was suggested by my father and DH really liked it. I do regret not giving her the middle name Ann, which is my middle name, since the boys are named after DH.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search