getting cold feet

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By ImagineOctober

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2013, 11:14 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did this with my last pregnancy, too....we planned on naming Hunter "Maverick" the whole time..then i chickened out because of peoples' reactions to the name

Do you think it's a good name? His name will be Maverick Jude...im wanting to order letters for the nursery but I am so hasty!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 24th, 2013, 09:24 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I do think it's a great name. I cant find a single negative thing to say about it. I am sorry others do. It's strong, masculine-sounding, comes with a variety of nicknames, has a second more "classic" sounding middle name if he so chooses when he is older, sounds fine for a doctor or lawyer.

I think everyone is always going to have an opinion. I get comments on all three of my kids names. Liam's usually the common factor (oh, that's really popular right now). Kieran is usually "that's unique" (aka: ugly. Lol). And Josephine is either "old-fashioned" or "why would you shorten such a pretty name to Jo, why not Josie (I hate it)."

You really won't win them all over. But once it's tied to a kid, a cute little face, people will be less inclined to give an opinion.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
September 24th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the name and would totally use it!!

I understand the feeling though. I loved the name Romilly with my last but didn't think I was brave enough to use it. I really thought I would go with Camilla but we didn't make a final choice until she was born and she was definitely a Romilly. There was no backing out once I saw her and I'm so glad we waited to decide because had I not used it I think I would have always regretted it.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

September 24th, 2013, 09:52 PM
my best friend absolutely HATES the name and constantly remarks about it saying things like "what are we going to do about this 'maverick' situation?" or "so have we come up with any other names to over ride the maverick phase?" it's bugging me. i love the name but she keeps telling me shes going to call him Rick if i name him that...i do NOT want anyone calling him rick. Our intent is to call him Mack or MJ

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
September 25th, 2013, 06:12 AM
~mama2monkeys~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~mama2monkeys~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~mama2monkeys~
The next time she brings it up, I'd bluntly tell her that the name ISN'T going to change. And to stop bringing it up. You and DH like it, that's all that matters I think it's a great name!!
I'm Carrie, wife to Micah (10/11/03) and mommy to 4 little monkeys! Jonah (10/08/04) Bella Kate (04-05-07) Finlay (09-17-09) Abram (10-28-11)and Baby #5, Baby Boy, Due May 2014!

September 25th, 2013, 09:37 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Pfft on your BF!!! Maverick is an awesome name. She needs to keep her mouth shut, and I think part of her reason for constantly bringing it up is so she can get your goat. When she carries a baby and goes through all of the m/s and aches and pains, deals with the fevers, the diapers, the teething, the teen angst, etc... THEN she can name her baby. You just have to tell her it is what it is and if she doesn't like it, she can just keep comments to herself and RICK is not an option.

I love it!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
September 25th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Thunderlily's Avatar Living my dream
Your friends comments is one reason we don't share names until AFTER baby is born - we are the ones picking the name, nobody else has a say in it.

Last edited by Thunderlily; November 26th, 2014 at 07:20 AM.
September 25th, 2013, 12:50 PM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maverick is NMSAA, but I think you should definitely use it if you love it. My BFF hates my #1 boys name, but I just roll my eyes at her and tell her she already got to name 3 kids. I would definitely never waiver because someone else/others disliked a name, only if myself or my DH weren't in love with a name.
adi&co. likes this.
September 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the name Maverick! Don't worry about what 'common folk' think...us namers know it's Fantastic!
September 25th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
I love Maverick Jude! Use it!! Once baby is here the name will grow on everyone.
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
September 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM
BamaLove's Avatar Veteran
I really like the name

September 26th, 2013, 09:26 PM
We didn't really tell her we planned on using it, she just asked bc it was our top choice for hunter. Thank you all for the support. I'm 99.9% sure we will use it.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
September 28th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
My adult son's rommate is named Maverick and he loves his name, so it passes that test. I hope you use it!
September 29th, 2013, 02:43 AM
adi&co.
Love the name Maverick! It's one of those that I can see on any age of a person, baby to successful adult, kwim? I love how you added the simple one syllable jude as the middle name too. makes it a very strong name without being a total mouthful. fits very well together!
September 29th, 2013, 05:54 PM
my mom was Judy Ann..she passed away when I was 17 so i wanted to do something for her. My daughter's mn is Ann so i feel like this is a good way to work in her first name

what would you call a kid named maverick? does rick seem like a natural nn? im really stressed about that..i hate it

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
September 29th, 2013, 07:00 PM
adi&co.
I would totally call him Mav
September 29th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I would totally call him Mav