Help, naming a boy is hard.

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Super Mommy
Last time we had the opposite problem, so many girl names that we liked that it was hard narrowing it down.

He has vetoed my favorite two names of Marcus and Wilfred.

The short list we have of names we both like are Barret, Reginald, Alan, Bernard, Corey/Corry/Kory, Cornelius, Darrel, Keith, Nickolas, Phillip, Taylor, Travis, and Trevor. He's not very enthusiastic about any of them, so we have a bunch of middle names on our hands. My favorites of them are Barret, Bernard, and Travis.

So how we have to find a name that we both absolutely love to go in front of one of those names. Preferably Barret, Bernard or Travis.

So it would be;

blank Barret Conwell

blank Bernard Conwell

blank Travis Conwell

Can you guys help? We've been through our entire name book.

Edit: Oh if it helps, the names we agreed on that we absolutely loved for the last one were Ashley, Nicole, Maylene, and Lydia.

Last edited by UncetainMommy; September 28th, 2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Adding info
September 28th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Super Mommy
I named my son Marcos, so I'm definitely partial to Marcus. His middle name is Daniel. It would have been his first name, had it not been my brother's name.

I don't know when you're due, but if it's not for a while then just hold on to your shortlist and revise it every once in a while. You might find that you don't need to find "new" names... some of those names you've already come up with might eventually grow on you. At first, Marcos was only a #3 or #4 choice on each of our individual lists, but since it was one of the only names we could both agree on, we started looking at it more seriously. By the time he was born, it just seemed natural to give him that name.
September 28th, 2013, 11:01 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Barrett is my favorite middle name I like...

Philip Barrett
Alton Barrett
Nolan Travis
Trevor Barrett
Travis Barrett
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
September 28th, 2013, 06:39 PM
BamaLove's Avatar Veteran
I love Trevor Barrett

September 29th, 2013, 01:57 AM
adi&co.
my son's name is marcus!

do you like the name marshall? I think it sounds good with any of those middles you posted
September 29th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I like Barret and Travis.

I think one-syllable "strong" names would go with them.

Luke, Mark, Cole, Saul, Cain/Kane, Lee, Rex, James.

September 29th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Super Mommy
All the names I listed are potential middle names, he doesn't like any of them enough for them to be first names.

I'm about 20 weeks along so halfway through the pregnancy. Yeah he might change his mind about one or more of them.

Oh, I like Marshal, Mark and Cole. I'll have to suggest them to him.

He doesn't like J names sadly.
September 29th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cormac came to find as it's similar to a couple of your favs.

Coleman nn Cole
Lucas
Amos
Silas
Victor
Vincent
Maxwell
Abel
September 29th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well Im doing the 4 letter theme ( my parents named me the longest version of megan they could come ip with and my last name is long also, my names meaghan. My boys names are Ryan, Luke and if its a boy this time Zack Landon Axie.
Heres some names I compiled Louis, Charles, Alister, Winston, Geoffrey, James Lionel, William, Alexander, Michael, Samuel, Thomas, James, Peter, Daniel. Idk if you will like those but Im racking my brain.
September 30th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Super Mommy
I like some of those, but he doesn't like any of them. Picky picky man.
September 30th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Clark Travis Conwell

Dexter Barrett Conwell

Bradford Travis Conwell

Wesley Bernard Conwell

Ivan Barrett Conwell

Jude Bernard Conwell

Trenton Bernard Conwell

Griffin Travis Conwell

Lance Barrett Conwell

Seth Barrett Conwell

Benedict Travis Conwell

Truett Bernard Conwell

Timothy Barrett Conwell

Grady Travis Conwell

Chance Barrett Conwell
September 30th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncetainMommy View Post
I like some of those, but he doesn't like any of them. Picky picky man.
Sounds like DH... kept on knocking down the names that I liked, but would never up with any suggestions of his own. Drove me nuts! I finally sat him down one evening, showed him a baby name website with lists of names, and said "You're gonna sit there and write a list of 10 names that you like. I don't care if it takes you all night!"
September 30th, 2013, 02:52 PM
adi&co.
find one you love and just keep repeating it over and over again. My husband said he hated the name Gemma but was I was soooo in love with it that I just kept saying it and finally one day he fell in love with it and it's now our daughter's name
October 2nd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Super Mommy
He's still not going for any of those.

@Jessifer: I might do something similar if he hasn't found any names that he loves and I like (so we can mix and match our favorite names like we did last time) by January.

@adi&co: No, I'm sure that would backfire in a big way with my SO. He'd go from thinking the name is ok but not great to hating it.
October 4th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Scott

Walton

Rex

Joshua

Vincent
October 4th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think when you do find it, he will just immediately agree. With Ryan our first ( now 3) He wanted a Brian jr. I would not have it! I DO NOT like jrs for my kids, at all. We went through sooo many lists. I was jist hoping if I still hadnt picked a name bu the time he was born, that I would before we left the hospital. One day as a joke, he was like, "what about Ryan" I said yes! He said wow, I was kidding, I didnt think you would like it! I said well do you, and he said yes! With Luke wed gone through a ton of names too. Then I thought of Luke. Loved it. But I was soo tired of rejection I figured I would talk to him about it once he was born. Then one day he says I have a name but I dont think you will like it, so I really dont want to say... I said well so do I, so you go first he said "Luke" and I asked if he was serious? He replied with an i knew you wouldn't like it, but of course I explained that I did! What a coincidence lol
October 4th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Has he told you any names that he likes and you dont? What are those?
October 4th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Super Mommy
No, no names that he likes and I don't. Just a lot of names that he likes but doesn't want to use. Because, it's a well known cartoon cat's name Garfield, or a nephew's middle name. Can't remember these, just that one of them starts with a C. How does he remember his nephews middle names when I can't remember mine? I have just as many nephews.

I may try and talk him into the nephews middle name for first name, I remember liking the names myself.

Samuel is a good name, but well that's a nephew's first name.

Nephews on my side are Gabriel and Ashton, Zackariah and Aidan. Nephews on his side are Lucas and Issac, Samuel and Joshua. I can't' remember anyone's middle names, I can barely remember my own siblings middle names. I kinda suck with remembering names. v_v

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search