Harper or Remi?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Veteran
Hi There,

I posted a while ago debating between the names Brooke and Remi. I think we have squashed the name Brooke but then another name idea came up to compete with Remi. Which name do you prefer for a girl, Remi or Harper? Our last name starts with an R (Remi starts with an R and Harper ends with an R) and our last name has 2 syllables. I don't actually care too, too much about how they sound together as I think once you get used to a name, it sounds fine, but it is something to consider. Thank you!
May 1st, 2014, 05:48 AM
Veteran
Oooh! I love Harper- To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books! I'm super bummed My parents names their cat Scout or I'd have a baby name set- for either gender.
Baby3September likes this.

Team pink! Due on or around 10-01-14.
May 1st, 2014, 07:16 AM
I love Harper too!
Baby3September likes this.
May 1st, 2014, 11:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry not a fan of either.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
May 2nd, 2014, 09:22 AM
I love the name Harper. I only know one person named Harper (female) but it definitely works for either gender.
May 2nd, 2014, 04:20 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't love either but of the two, I'd pick Harper.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
May 4th, 2014, 01:23 PM
I like Harper
May 4th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Of the two, I like Harper better. I tried out saying some two syllable beginning with R. I don't think Harper R------ will run together.

Sept. 2013 3/10/15
May 5th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like Harper but I prefer Remi!
DD2:3
DS: 2
DD3: 9/19/14-10/19/14

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
May 5th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Harper
May 6th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Veteran
Thank you everyone!
May 8th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Between the two, I prefer Remi or Remie.
May 8th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Super Mommy
I like Remi, im not too fond of Harper though. It may be because I am Canadian though lol
May 15th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Mmartin04's Avatar Veteran
LOVE the name Harper. If I didn't have a friend with a little girl named Harper, that would be the name I chose!
May 18th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I put off replying on this because I couldnt make up my mind. I think I like Harper over Remi, but not by much. Harper feels more complete, but is gaining popularity. Remi is unusual and cute, but seems like it could be short for something though I couldnt think of much. And I feel you on the R-R thing. The names we are currently considering do that too, almost running together. But it doesnt bother me much really.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
May 19th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
So I put off replying on this because I couldnt make up my mind. I think I like Harper over Remi, but not by much. Harper feels more complete, but is gaining popularity. Remi is unusual and cute, but seems like it could be short for something though I couldnt think of much. And I feel you on the R-R thing. The names we are currently considering do that too, almost running together. But it doesnt bother me much really.
Thank you for your input! This name thing is tough. Yea, I worry that Harper is becoming too trendy. I typically avoid trendy overused names like the plague and I feel like the name Harper could be becoming a little too trendy, especially with so many celebrities using it lately. I wish I had a crystal ball to see 5 years into the future to see if this name will indeed keep gaining in popularity.
May 22nd, 2014, 07:49 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ I am the same way. I avoid the top 100 list completely! It KILLS me that Greyson is so popular, though with an A. When I chose it, I hadnt ever heard it. It exploded within a couple years. And this time we like Asher, but its sorta popular-like 78 on the top 100. But its even more so in our state. My husband doesnt care about popularity but Im having trouble getting over that.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
June 1st, 2014, 03:56 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
^^ I am the same way. I avoid the top 100 list completely! It KILLS me that Greyson is so popular, though with an A. When I chose it, I hadnt ever heard it. It exploded within a couple years. And this time we like Asher, but its sorta popular-like 78 on the top 100. But its even more so in our state. My husband doesnt care about popularity but Im having trouble getting over that.
Yea I'd kick myself if the name we chose ended up being super common in a few years. I feel that Harper might be heading that directions. We are also considering Charlotte now too.
June 1st, 2014, 11:03 AM
Veteran
I'd prefer Harper.. But may become more popular in years to come with the fact David Beckham's little girl is named Harper.
June 19th, 2014, 03:21 PM
LittleBlossom's Avatar Amy
I'd go for Harper over Remi. I think it's much nicer.

Angel baby - January 2015 at 8 weeks (D&C - 6 Feb 15')

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search