Hannah

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2006, 01:34 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Hubby has just said that he really isn't keen on Isla after all. Lately I've been liking Hannah. He does like that one! Thing is, it's very popular. That doesn't matter too much to me, as there are no other Hannah's in my family or immediate circle of friends. But outside our circle is another story...
My question is this - for those of you who had a super popular name for your generation, did it bother you? Did you mind being Brittany S. or Sarah M. ? Did having a different spelling (if you did) make it better or worse? Did you prefer to go by a nickname?
I tend to like less popular names, but hubby is the opposite - so we are running into problems for this girl.
I hadn't really thought of Hannah as that popular because of not knowing many personally. But that is now. What about in a few years, when we are in Mommy &Me classes and preschool. The name rankings say it is very popular for baby girls so I bet I will know a bunch by then.
Hmm, love the name, what to do...

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
August 22nd, 2006, 01:48 PM
Gwen
I love the name Hannah, but my DH doesn't so it's not on my list.
I only know one little girl named Hannah and she's a sweetheart.
Growing up, I never knew anyone with my name and I loved it!
Do you like the name Anna? It is similar and might not be as common(?)
August 22nd, 2006, 01:57 PM
Funny you should mention Anna, I do like it but spelled Ana, but someone brought up that naming daughters Ana and Mia (my 3 year old) looks like I am pro-anorexic. Oops!

August 22nd, 2006, 02:06 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hannah isn't that popular anymore I don't think,,,, I think a lot of 90's children were named this, I haven't seen that many lately though! Like if there is a name I am super in love with,, I don't care how popular it is,,, like Ava... I am in love with it,, and I would name my child this even though its popular (I love Layla more though)

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

August 22nd, 2006, 02:13 PM
Hannah was the 2nd most popular name from 1998 to 2000, but had gone down to number 7 by 2005. By percentage of baby's born last year though it was less than 1 percent. Eh, I'll keep it at the top of the list, popular or not. Names we both agree on are rare!

August 22nd, 2006, 05:22 PM
gee102
I only know one Hannah.
August 23rd, 2006, 02:18 AM
Debbie*TTC's Avatar Regular
Send a message via MSN to Debbie*TTC
I like the name but spelt Hanna. I wouldn't use it because of popularity.

</div><div align="center"></div>
August 23rd, 2006, 06:47 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the name Hannah but dh isn't too crazy about it. I have never heard any little girl named Hannah and I worked with children for years.

I grew up with the name Jennifer--can you say popular name!?! It didn't bother me at all and I was always one of at least three in the class, not really a big deal going through school being called Jennie S. by all my teachers.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

August 23rd, 2006, 08:02 AM
** Mandy **
I don't think it is that popular. At least not where I live - I don't know anyone with that name.

August 27th, 2006, 05:34 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
i think the name Hannah is super cute and I personally wouldnt care if the name I am chosing for my child is comman, if I like it, I'll use it
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
August 27th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Regular
I think that Hannah is an insanely popular name. I am a pediatric nurses and I can not tell you how many Hannah's I run into. I think it is a pretty name, I am just not a fan of popular names so it definitely isn't on my list. I absolutely hated growing up as a Jessica. I still don't like it because no matter where I go there is at least one or two more of me.
August 27th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i know a lot of Hannahs.. so i wouldn't use it jsut b/c there are so many. I know one Hanna and i cannot stand her
August 27th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks for all your opinions. I do love the name but it's not on the list anymore because hubby has decided it's now just okay. I swear I am going to just choose a name I like and keep it to myself until after he goes to Iraq and then name her that... at least then he can't say I knew he didn't like it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search