From Aaron to Zoe

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2006, 02:06 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
From Aaron to Zoe
15,000 Great Baby Names
by Daniel Avram Richman

This book was published in 1993 but I still love it best of all my baby name books.
It has regular dictionary-style listings with origins, meanings and variations, famous namesakes, as well as listings by Language/Ethnicity, a history of popularity, ethnic naming practices, a Meanings browser with sections such as the Bible & Religion, Intellect, Love, Power, Occupations etc, and more.
It's also a nice looking book to leave out on the coffee table, with cute artwork

The author also has a website http://www.nameyourbaby.info/, created to enhance "From Aaron to Zoe." The Web site lets visitors use up to nine criteria to sift through the same 15,000-name database used in the book. The database has been updated and improved.
For example, some foreign names are now spelled in their own alphabet as well as the Roman (English-language) alphabet. And for some names that have been celebrated in song, visitors can hear a short clip of that song.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
August 27th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I have this book and I like it alot as well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search