this is a touchy matter:|

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
alright well basically this is gonna be about choosing god parents. I have 3 really great frieds that I grew up with and would like to chose one of them to be the godmother. But when me and ma bf picked ma friend Lisha, ma friend Steph got soo upset and she had an attutide with me, all like " umm why did u pick her? she cant do it as good as I can" and I jus found it ridiclous.. and den I told her mine and ma bf's reasons.. so everythin was kool for awhile. and then steph proceeded a few days later on asking why again. I again gave our reasons. And now she is sayin that no matta wat next time I get pregnant that she wants to be the godmom, doesnt matta wat me and ma bf say.

if u can help me or give me some advice on this I would def. apperciate it, or u have been or someone u kno has been in this simiular position feel free to let me kno.. thanks
August 24th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to racerbabie6
its hard to choose between close friends. But ultimately its your choice and you want to pick a person that is going to raise your children the same way or close to the same way that you yourself would raise your own child in case something ever happened to you. I honestly dont know what you should say to her because no matter what she says your mind isnt going to change. You picked the person you want to be the godmother and she should respect your decision. Good luck!!

August 24th, 2006, 03:02 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
OK, this is dependent on what you actually want a godmother for, but what about having all 3 be godmothers?
Now if you want a godmother in the traditional sense, as in stading up in Church with you and pledging to o0versee the child's religious path, you may have to discuss this with your church leader first.
If you want a godmother in the guardian sense, to raise her if something happened to you, then obviously this would not work. But I'm betting you have family who would raise the baby if you couldn't, it rarely falls to the godparents to raise the child unless specified in a will.
If you want a godmother simply in the symbolic sense, to be like a special "auntie" to the baby, then there's really no reason he/she can't have more than 1. I have 2 godmothers and a godfather, it's great for me, sure got spoiled at holidays and birthdays
If it's going to cause too much of a rift, maybe your best bet would be to have neither, but choose a family member instead.
Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
August 24th, 2006, 03:51 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
umm this isn't exactly the board to be asking this question,, they are probably other boards that could help you out more.. .

I agree with picklesmama of the idea of having 3 godmothers,,, because more often the child goes to family anyways,, so they could all be special to your child.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

August 26th, 2006, 07:52 AM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
I also agree with the other ladies, you could have more than one godmother for your baby, I think that would be special and eliminate a lot of conflict, anyways, no matter what you decide, GL!
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search