Is this a dumb middle name?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Regular
If we have a boy, we would like the middle name to be after someone special to honor them... because the first name is so common, we thought of using the person's last name as the middle name, which is unfortunately "Houser". (For example, would be: Jake Houser Last-name) Is this just plain awful? We really want to somehow use a part of this person's name and still be unique, so using the first name to me would not imply that it is after someone (unless you knew) but would otherwise just seem like a filler middle name. I would not do it if this is really laughable to most people! Thanks for your honesty~
August 25th, 2006, 09:23 AM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really like the MN Houser. I think that I'd go with either their FN/MN to honor them instead. If you still want to be unique you could even take a part of their FN or MN & combine it with something else. Another idea is to look up names with the same meaning as their name & use that. Good Luck!
August 25th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Gwen
August 25th, 2006, 10:37 AM
MamaBx3
Quote:
I don't really like the MN Houser. I think that I'd go with either their FN/MN to honor them instead. If you still want to be unique you could even take a part of their FN or MN & combine it with something else. Another idea is to look up names with the same meaning as their name & use that. Good Luck![/b]
I agree !
August 25th, 2006, 10:42 AM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Quote:
I don't really like the MN Houser. I think that I'd go with either their FN/MN to honor them instead. If you still want to be unique you could even take a part of their FN or MN & combine it with something else. Another idea is to look up names with the same meaning as their name & use that. Good Luck![/b]

<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
August 25th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Logan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If the name means something to you then that is what matters. I like names that have a sentimental/special meaning. My daughter's middle name is Michelle after my cousin who was killed in a car accident. When Lauren sees pics of her she always makes a point to tell everyone that she is named after her.

I think those kinds of names give kids more of a connection to their name then some trendy name, but that is just my opinion.

Proud mom of: Joshua (25), Paul (25), Krista (23), Adam (11), Lauren (6), Anna Janelle.
August 25th, 2006, 11:36 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not really a fan of Houser as a middle name. Could you combine this persons first and middle names to create a whole new name? That's what we're doing if we ever have a girl. We want to honor both our Moms so we're combining their names (June and Linda) and the middle name will be Luna.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

August 25th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Regular
Thanks, ladies! I suspected most would not like it--not sure I do! Thing is, the person was a musician in a bad that DH and I both love and atually met by going to their concerts--we both loved this guitarist and he died of cancer a few years ago... so we thought it would be kinda cool to name a boy after a "rock star that mommy and dayddy liked" (both really into music & I'm named after a song) and since the last-name-as-a-first-name can sometimes work, I was just considering it. If someone asked about it he would at least have a story to tell being named after "an awesome guitarist." Also, this just reminds us of what our first and favorite common interest is/was!

I don't know, I switch between liking it & hating it, ha ha! Someone told me it would be a cute/better name for a puppy, but we don't want another one of those!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search